They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Using PrEl with Extended Desktop Monitor

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Using PrEl with Extended Desktop Monitor

Postby rtk1958 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi All,

Very confused here. Just purchased a 24" monitor with full 1080p resolution to use as my editing monitor instead of the 15" lower resolution built-in laptop monitor I've been using. For some reason, when I open a project in PrEl (using PE7 if that matters) and drag the PrEl work screen to the 24" monitor, it will only expand to use about 60% of the screen. I can't manually click and drag to expand the PrEl window either horizontally or vertically beyond this max size and when I try to maximize the screen by clicking the little square screen icon in the upper right corner, the PrEl window disappears completely. Everything else, Windows Explorer, Chrome Browser, etc., all expand nicely to utilize all the extra real-estate available in 1080p resolution on the 24" monitor, but PrEl won't.

I must be missing something obvious. :conf: Any advice?

Thanks,
Todd
rtk1958

Re: Using PrEl with Extended Desktop Monitor

Postby rtk1958 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:00 pm

Think I figured it out. Using Display Settings from the Control Panel, I set the new 24" monitor as the primary monitor then extended the desktop onto the built-in laptop monitor which is opposite of the configuration it was in before. From the high-res 24" monitor now set as primary, I opened PrEl and my PrEl project and I was then able to expand the PrEl workspace horizontally and vertically to use all the extra real-estate. Now, I can get more of everything, tracks, effects, transitions, images, etc. on my screen along with a significantly larger monitor window. I'm happy again. \:D/

Thanks,
Todd
rtk1958

Re: Using PrEl with Extended Desktop Monitor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:18 am

Glad you figured that one out, Todd! It was a bit of a challenge.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Tips and Tricks