They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Tip when rendering 3D in Sony Vegas

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Tip when rendering 3D in Sony Vegas

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed May 07, 2014 5:40 pm

I discovered a convenient, useful setting in Sony Vegas Pro 12 for rendering stereoscopic 3D side-by-side video intended for streaming to my Samsung 3D TV. I don't know if this will work in Sony Movie Studio.

There's a setting on the "Render As" dialog that will add a flag to a stereoscopic 3d video that some TVs recognize and use to automatically turn on the 3D side-by-side mode, so you don't have to fiddle with the remote.

Normally the setting for Stereoscopic 3D mode on the Render As dialog is "Same as project setttings." When streaming video created with this default setting, I need to use the TV remote to turn on the 3D side-by-side (half) mode, despite that the Project settings have been set for side-by-side (half). Instead of using "Same as project settings" for the Stereoscopic 3D mode in the Render As dialog, if I explicitly select "Side-by-side (half)," as in the attached image, my TV will automatically turn on the 3D side-by-side mode when I press the play button on the remote.

One of the Sony AVC/MVC mp4 render templates needs to be used for this to work. I normally select the Internet 1920x1080p 30 template, then customize those settings by changing the Stereoscopic 3D mode as shown in the attached image.

Vegas explicitly set stereoscopic 3D output mode.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Tip when rendering 3D in Sony Vegas

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu May 08, 2014 8:54 pm

Another great tip, Robert! Thanks!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Tips and Tricks