They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to align images for timelapse

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Re: How to align images for timelapse

Postby Bob » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:04 pm

I just looked at my email I received from Adobe and it also states the price is subject to change.

How was that worded?

Looking at the individual Creative Cloud Plans, one is clearly labeled Promotional pricing appies to the first year of membership. The Photoshop Photography Program isn't labeled that way. It just says special pricing limited time offer. I just looked at the offer again and the key lines are: "For a limited time, you can join a special Creative Cloud plan" and (from the terms) "After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering." Right now, the current price of the Photoshop Photography Program is $10/month. The question is: Will that be the current price in a year? Since it isn't a "promotional" offering, I'm thinking it may still be $10/month as per the original offer. But, I don't know. None of the plans are fixed at a set price forever and are subject to change. I guess we will find out in a year.
Bob

Postby Gerlinde » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:23 pm

Bob, I copied from my receipt:

Payment
Each month during your one year term, we'll bill your credit card US $9.99 plus applicable tax. As soon as you've successfully completed this sign-up process and your payment is confirmed, your membership will begin.

Renewal
The price is valid for a full 12 months. After that, we'll renew your contract automatically unless you cancel. The price is subject to change, but we will always notify you beforehand.

Cancellation
We'd hate to see you go, but if you cancel within the first 30 days, we'll give you a full refund. Otherwise, you'll be billed 50% of your remaining contract obligation. If you ever need to cancel, just call Customer Support.

Unfortunately I did not make a copy of the offer at the time, but I'm absolutely sure it did not say anything about this being the 1st year subscription price only.
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby Peru » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Gerlinde wrote:Peru, I talked with a supervisor. He did not talk any different from the regular guy. I think these days customer service is obsolete. In the age of subscriptions and 2 year agreements they only care about you during the trial period. After that you are on your own.

That's a shame. If I ran my business that way, I wouldn't still be in business today. Customer service is the main reason why we have repeat customers.
Peru

Postby Bob » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:05 pm

OK, taking everything into account, it sounds like the original offer pricing. Annual subscription at $9.99/month until they notify you otherwise. Boy, trying to get Adobe to clarify their offers is like pulling teeth.
Bob

Postby Gerlinde » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Peru, it is good to know that there are still businesses around that care about their customers. I guess all the big companies seem to forget that they were ones small too.

Boy, trying to get Adobe to clarify their offers is like pulling teeth.

Yes, all they had to tell me was - yes, you are signed up to the original offer - and no, this price is not an introductory price like in the current offer.

It makes me feel better that you read it that way, Bob. :tx:
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:39 am

Adobe have, it seems, always had a cavalier attitude to customers, especially small ones like you and me. Even taking account of sales and other taxes the price gouging that they indulge in for UK customers vis a vis US based ones is an appalling reflection on that company. Believe it or not it worked out cheaper to fly from the UK to the USA on a return ticket to buy (when one could) CS6 Adobe's master collection that it was to buy it in the UK.

But why should Adobe care? They pretty much have the worldwide professional marketplace tied up, there being limited rival products.

I have CS6 which I bought on the educational pricing plan. As soon as CS6 begins to no longer meet my needs then I will be looking for alternatives for video. Having used a very old version of Photoshop until a couple of years ago I reckon that my CS6 (Photoshop) version will see me out.

So for us smaller fry when CS6 video tools no longer meet our needs, a golden opportunity for a company (Sony Creative Software?) to mop up all of Adobe's discarded customers. And, as an AE alternative, the HitFilm2 offering looks interesting.

http://hitfilm.com/
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Ron Hunter » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:18 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on HitFilm John. Have you tried their free trial yet?
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Helen » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Also as an alternative to Photoshop, Perfect Photo by OnOne Software is quite useful as well.

http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/suite8/
Helen
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:36 am

Ron Hunter wrote:Thanks for the heads-up on HitFilm John. Have you tried their free trial yet?

I took advantage of the opportunity to download the free trial, Ron, but haven't as yet had any time to use it. Seeing as the trial, once downloaded, doesn't have an expiry date I'll get around to trying it out........sometime...... :-8
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks