They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVD Burning Question

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

DVD Burning Question

Postby AVITRY » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:14 am

Hi everyone. Well, since the definition of this topic included, computer settings and shortcuts and advanced techniques, I hope I'm posting this question in the right place. :)

My computer has 2 DVD burning drives and a place for one or two more. The question is, during the course of converting old VHS to DVDs, I usually have the situation where multiple copies are asked for. ( not to mention I always burn a master for myself to keep here just in case someone calls me and says they lost or ruined their copy.) So ... I wondered many times but never came across a software program that was capable of burning multiple DVDs at the same time.

In other words, load all the DVD burning drives with blank DVDs, and then start the copy process. If that little gem program were available, I could cut my time quite a bit. Anyone ever come across a program like that?

thanks,
joe
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: DVD Burning Question

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Imgburn can do it. Here's a comment from another forum:

"In order to burn several copies of data at the same time you will need to open several copies of ImgBurn and have each opened program burn to a different drive. This is not recommended as the amount of HDD I/O activity necessary to run several drives is really hard on the system and its' components."

Better to just burn one at a time. Imgburn can be set to burn x number of copies and it will prompt you to insert another blank disk each time.

Or you can buy a disk duplicator machine that is built to do what you want.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: DVD Burning Question

Postby AVITRY » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:28 am

To sort of answer my own question, I came across this on the internet. Never knew about this feature.

http://ask.brothersoft.com/how-to-burn- ... -1107.html
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Tips and Tricks