They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

animation software

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

animation software

Postby fishmor » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:09 pm

I'm looking for a software program to use with premiere elements that will do some object animation. I'm trying to get a more professional look to my videos - I have been using elements for a couple of years and someone suggested bluff titler - this looks good, but I want to be able to design some objects maybe from a template and then get creative with motion, fly in and out, blow up, etc. Do I need animation software? Another person suggested After Effects since it does about everything, but I'm not sure I have the time to learn it plus I think I need to be running the pro version of elements to use it ? - In any case, I'm looking for some more direction and I'm on a budget - any comments would be appreciated ::C
fishmor
New User
New User

Re: animation software

Postby fishmor » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Also, is the jump from PRE elements to Pre Pro a big learning curve? Just curious :-D
fishmor
New User
New User

Postby hhnguyen » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Take a look at Corel Motion Studio 3d

http://www.corel.com/corel/product/inde ... id=6200022
hhnguyen
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:30 pm

The jump from Elements to Pro is not too difficult actually, the interface is very similar.
It would be pretty easy to get started and then learn the new features as you go.

You do not need Premiere Pro to use After Effects, but for what you need it might be overkill.
Are you trying to animate titles? Premiere Elements gives you plenty of ability to animate objects so I'm curious as to exactly what it is you are trying to do.

Something that can really add to the professionalism of your projects is a good Titling program like Heroglyph by ProDad and then maybe an effects program like Vitascene, also ProDad.

After Effects is well worth it if you have the time to learn at least as much as you need.
You can create lots of effects with it and you don't have to learn the entire program to get started ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby fishmor » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 pm

I know I can make things move to some extent by keyframing the motion path - maybe it's the objects themselves I need - arrows, bullets, fishing lures, rocks, and then be able to modify them - like the kind of stuff you see on the sportsman channel ads - I'd like to be able to make them zip in and out, turn them around, explode them, that sort of thing. I will have a look at Corel, Heroglyph, Vitascene and ProDad.
fishmor
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:25 am

Most things you see on sportsman channel and other similar shows, including the evening news, is created with After Effects. Some of it is fairly simple, others are very complex. You can purchase animations for just about anything, and many are very reasonably priced.

The motion backgrounds and especially the motion elements available here at Muvipix are great for creating amazing animations.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=56
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby fishmor » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:22 pm

Those are great animations on muvipix - I can see using them in some projects - although these are already "created" and I'm thinking that basically all I can do is layer them into a video/title, maybe play with the transparency, etc - is that right? In other words, I really don't have much control over the motion of the "motion elements" cause it's already done. Can I keyframe the objects motion path after I have it keyed/layered in with another clip? Maybe I'm leaning more towards being able to create some of these myself from a basic template and then modifying them - I suppose After Effects would be the tool in this case. I also like the idea of being able to buy some 3D objects...maybe that would be a bit easier for this rookie :) Thanks, Eric
fishmor
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:18 am

Hi Eric,
You can set motion properties like you can with any clip, by keyframing scale and position.
That's not saying you can control the motion of the element itself but you could speed it up or slow it down.

After Effects isn't the best 3D tool, Blender is free and might be worth looking at.
Have you seen what Chris has been able to do with it?
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=10867

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Tips and Tricks