They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Intro for vids

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Intro for vids

Postby Tommie24 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:39 am

Hi again,

last time I asked about a slideshow of photo's and you helped me greatly - I think the result was quite good for my possibilities :-) I do have another question I don't really know what to do with... As I'm trying to make video's, it seems to me a pity a don't have some nice intro - as for example Pixar Studios, Warner bros and so one films do have on the begining of every film. Just show who made the video in a nice intro.

Does somebody here know if it is possible to make such a intro in Premiere Elements (or + Photoshop Elements)? Or do I need some PRO program for this (which I can't afford)? Thanks for the ideas, Tomas
Tommie24
New User
New User

Re: Intro for vids

Postby Bob » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:52 am

Does somebody here know if it is possible to make such a intro in Premiere Elements (or + Photoshop Elements)? Or do I need some PRO program for this (which I can't afford)? Thanks for the ideas, Tomas

It's certainly possible to make nice professional looking intros and closing credits using Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements. The hard part is usually deciding what you want it to look like. You have to be reasonable though. Premiere Elements is not a 3D modeling program, nor does it have the animation and graphics compositing capabilities of After Effects. Still, you can make very good looking intros. Especially if you can use the backgrounds and animated motion graphics elements available here. There are some free downloads, but there are many more available to subscribers. Take a look at what's available.

Some members use "Bluff Titler" to make animated intros. That's not free though. "Blender" is a free 3D modeling program, but that has a steep learning curve.

I recall a topic a while ago where people posted samples of intros they were using. I couldn't find it right now, but perhaps someone can recall what that thread was called and locate it.
Bob

Postby momoffduty » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:36 am

Bob wrote:I recall a topic a while ago where people posted samples of intros they were using. I couldn't find it right now, but perhaps someone can recall what that thread was called and locate it.

Is this what you are referring to?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8607&p=75935&hilit=logo#p75935
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bob » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Yes, that's the one! Thank you, Cheryl!
Bob

Postby momoffduty » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:24 pm

You are welcome Bob. :) As you mentioned earlier in this thread, there are lots of overlays, sound fx, and motion backgrounds here at Muvipix to dress up your font or logo. There was a member here who made a tag a long time ago that looked like burned wood or etching. I can't remember who that was, but it was pretty cool intro.

Since that identity thread I use a new tag now with of course bubbles. :)
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Thanks for locating this great old thread, Cheryl! I love looking at the ideas people come up with!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:22 am

Tomas,
While it certainly is possible to do this with other tools, there is a person who posts just such a solution for use inside ProShow. The file will definitely play inside Premiere Elements. Here is a Youtube link: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76a6RK4rEfo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

He can create a custom intro for you that are take-offs on the big studios (e.g. MGM, Pixar, LionsGate, etc.) This may fit your need and requires no keyframing on your part. Hope this helps you. I receive no royalties, but if you do decide to order be sure to tell Tex I said hello.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:50 am

You can also buy ready made intros from Revostock.

http://www.revostock.com/

But you need the appropriate software to tailor the basic template (or have a friend that has the software that can do it for you).
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Tommie24 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:46 pm

Thanks for the quick replies! I really like the option of buying some - as after effects seem to me to expensive :-), but I also like Cheryls and Steve's newest intro's. Any possibility to make such in PrE?
Tommie24
New User
New User

Return to Tips and Tricks