They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Help! How to make a slideshow? :-)

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Help! How to make a slideshow? :-)

Postby Tommie24 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:59 am

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to make a slideshow of some holiday pictures. For some inspiration I browsed through this awesome web and found this amazing vid by momoffduty: Turkey 2.5D (I don't know how to put a link into here - it says SPAM...). Now - to make 2.5D photos is very very nice, but in my eyes also very difficult and time-taking, which is not what I'm searching for, because I don't know, if I would be able to create something like it :-) But I really like the photo's scrolling from right to left, and sometimes panning and zooming in. Is this possible to make in Premiere Elements 9 or 10, and is somebody able to explain me how to make this?

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10077#p87953

Thanks very much for your help, Tomas
Tommie24
New User
New User

Re: Help! How to make a slideshow? :-)

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:23 am

Absolutely it is! In fact, there are at least four different ways to create a slideshow in Premiere Elements -- and version 10 includes an intuitive new tool for creating pans and zooms. You can see a demo of this tool in the tutorial on our new book's promo page.
http://Muvipix.com/pe10.php

Depending in which method you choose to create a slideshow -- whether you want to do it manually and full control over everything or whether you want to have it done partially or completely automatically -- we've got a tutorial on our site for it. And all of the methods are, of course, covered in our book.

So welcome to Muvipix, Tommie! Do you own Premiere Elements yet?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Tommie24 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:51 am

Hi Steve, thanks for putting in the link and thanks for welcoming me!

Yes, I do have Premiere Elements 9 for a few months, but as the tenth version came out, I probably will upgrade to that, even if it for me means buying a complete new version (CZ). By that, I own the Photoshop Elements 10 version.

Now - about the book - I live in the Czech Repbublic; is there a chance to buy a electronic version?
About the tutorials - I should buy a subscribers account, shouldn't I? Is is then possible to donwload all the tutorials for watching offline?

Thanks again, Tomas
Tommie24
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Tomas, write to me at steve at Muvipix dot com and I will arrange to have a copy of the book sent to you, if you'd like.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Tommie24 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:41 am

Hi Steve, thanks for the offer. I just wonder about the subscriber account - is there a tutorial for making the slideshow made the same as in "Turkey 2.5d"? In case that yes, I would prefer become a subscriber to the book, because, with all respect, I already did quite a lot in Premiere Elements, and I am a bit afraid the most of the book I already figured out... Thanks and I hope for a answer - Tomas
Tommie24
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:57 am

I'm sorry, I know nothing about Turkey 2.5d so I can't speak to it.

Can you post an example of what you're trying to accomplish on Vimeo, YouTube or our Gallery?

Panning and zooming in Premiere Elements is easy. And most likely whatever you can do in Turkey you can duplicate.

But, if you can already do it in Turkey, why do you want to do the same thing in Premiere Elements? Especially if it's an effect like Cheryl demonstrated in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10077
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Tommie24 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:07 am

I think we don't understand eachother. The point is - I would like to make a slideshow in Premiere Elements, and I would like, if the slideshow would scroll kind of the same as in the video Cheryl made: Turkey 2.5d, that means - scroll the photos form right to left, and sometimes pan and zoom. The problem is - I have no idea how to make the photo's scrolling from right to left the way Cheryl did in the video Turkey 2.5d.

So that is my question - how to make such a slideshow with the moving photo's from right to left. Could you explain me, or is there some tutorial to make this?

(That's also what I ment with Turkey 2.5d - that is the video Cheryl made, not a program... :-))

Thanks for your help and patience :-)
Tommie24
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:18 am

It's really a pretty simple keyframed animation.

You just start with the photo's Position off-screen to the right, then slide it in. Pause for a few seconds, then create keyframes to set the Position off-screen to the left. Then just apply those same settings to every photo in your "scroll".

It's easier to explain if you understand keyframing. Do you have one of our books or have you looked at our free "Basic Keyframing" article? http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0

If you're a keyframe hound, like me, you'll dive right into it.

There's no tutorial on it that I know of yet. But, once you've got an understanding of how to keyframe motion, it's really pretty simple (though not particularly easy to walk you through, step by step, on a forum).
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi Tommie & Welcome to Muvipix! If you want to have photos that move across the screen and NO keyframes, try the Fake Camera effect:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8072&hilit=fake+camera

OR use the Titler to add photos (NO keyframing):

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6395&p=57444&hilit=+titler+photos#p57444

Both of the above examples were made using PrEl3.

For the Turkey 2.5 project I used After Effects. The difference between the two programs is that in After Effects the photos are stationary and you move a virtual camera across the photos. In PrEl you move each photo with keyframes and very tedious to get the same rate of speed and to keep the same relationship between each photo. Try the Fake Camera or the Titler examples to see if this works for you, otherwise plan on lots of keyframing.

Please post what you come up with! :-D
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Tommie24 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:06 pm

Thank you Steve, I tried it to create something using keyframing; a lot of work, but it works :-)

Thanks for welcoming me Cheryl, and I am really glad to have your opinion, as the author of my - up to now most favourite slideshow Turkey 2.5d :-) The titler I like, but didn't try it out still. The Fake Camera efect is wonderful! Thanks for explaining it so well. I have now been training a few hours and it starts to look like what I want from the slideshow. I'm making a little slideshow for a few people I know, who where on holidays in Mexico, and they were showing me a lot of photo's, not even very good ones, which was quite boring :-) (Don't tell them :-)), so i actually offered them to make something from it... It's not really easy to make something interesting from not so nice photo's, but I'm sure the result will be better than the hunderds of pics they came with :-) So thanks a lot for the link on your Fake Camera effect!

Once I will be ready, I'll post it, but don't laugh, it will be just some really amateur stuff :-)
Tommie24
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:18 pm

I've yet to see anything posted to this site that was so "amateurish" I couldn't find some sort of inspiration in it, Tommie!

I'm looking forward to seeing your work!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Tommie24 wrote:Once I will be ready, I'll post it, but don't laugh, it will be just some really amateur stuff :-)

I would love to see what you come up with! No worries about amateur, no such thing! :-D

If you try out the Titler adding photos, you can overlap the photos and tilt slightly. Use the front to back option in the Titler, not sure of the name and think it is a right click context window. On the track below the title add a motion background. In my example the photos are too neatly arranged and spaced.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Tommie24 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:32 am

Ok, for sure I'll put it here, but it will take a few days, because I only have time through the evening, and only some evenings...
Tommie24
New User
New User

Postby Tommie24 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:30 am

Hi there, Steve and Cheryl.. I finally finished the slideshow I made out of the (quite bad quality) photo's of two friends of mine. I hope they don't mind sharing the link with you - as promised :-) Let me know what you think :-) Tomas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTKSIgOfKv8

Ps. On my PC it's working without any problems, the movements are smooth and the pictures all the time clear, but on YouTube I find it rather bad quality - I guess that's because of the internet...
Tommie24
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:40 am

Wow! I love this, Tommie! I especially like how you followed the trail of footprints (actually airplanes) from picture to picture.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Next

Return to Tips and Tricks