They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

thumbnailer and yawcam naming issues

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

thumbnailer and yawcam naming issues

Postby briand » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:07 pm

I am attempting to do a timelapse that was shot over a 9 month period. I used thumbnailer to resize pics and then yawcam to turn stills intoa video which I would import to pre8. Problem is yawcam counts weird 1, 10, 11 instead of 1,2,3 so everything is out of order. Trying to stay away from photoshop elelments 7 and pre8 because it takes longer and seems more of a hassle. So maybe I should name them in a way that keeps the date stamp but i would have to resize them all again to have that info still attached from the original image, or find a program like yawcam that counts corrsctly. Hope this makes some sense, thanks for the help.
briand
New User
New User

Re: thumbnailer and yawcam naming issues

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:54 am

I'm not familiar with those software tools so you'll need to bear that in mind for this response.

Can you not resize the source pics then import them directly into PrEl rather than use yawcam to create a file?
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Re: thumbnailer and yawcam naming issues

Postby Bob » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:23 am

Yawcam is using a simple alpha sort on the file name. In a alpha sort, you need leading zeros to line up the digits so that they will sort in numerical order. For example, name001.jpg name002.jpg name003.jpg etc.. That's pretty much the normal way file names are handled. I don't know of any programs that parse the file name for the numerical portion and use that in a numerical sort. What you need to do is rename the files with the proper number of leading zeros in the numerical portion of the name.

You don't really need to use yawcam. Premiere Elements has the ability to open the sequence of numbered stills as a video which you can place on the timeline and edit just like any other video. To open a sequence, use get media from PC just like you would any other source footage, browse to the folder where you placed the stills, and select the first image in the sequence. Check the box at the bottom for Numbered Stills.

load-sequence.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob

Return to Tips and Tricks