It's here! Yet another Muvipix.com Guide by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 15 (NEW)!
Not quite sure what our site has to offer?
Check out the
Muvipix Video Tour

Removing duplicate photos

Video / Image editing, advanced techniques, computer settings, third party software, shortcuts, workarounds ... share your tips and tricks here.

Removing duplicate photos

Postby jimposey » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:15 am

I am old and new to Elements 15. I just imported my photos and videos to the organizer and have discover that I have hundreds if not thousands of duplicate photo and videos in my thumbnail catalog. I have searched everywhere to try and learn an easy way to clean this up in my catalog and cannot find a solution!
Can someone please help this technologically challenged 74 year old dog?

I quit using Elements several years ago because of this problem and now I have about 70 thousand pictures that I would like to organize and understand a good simple workflow before I tackle Premiere Elements 15.
jimposey
New User
New User

Re: Removing duplicate photos

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:44 am

There are lots of duplicate file remover programs out there. Some free, some not. Maybe someone here has a favorite that will work for you.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Removing duplicate photos

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:01 pm

Do you actually have more than one copy of these photos on your hard drive or are you just seeing duplicated files in the Organizer?
3.4 ghz i7-4770 running Windows 10 64-bit with 12 gigs RAM; three internal 500 gig SATA drives. Also iMac 2.6 ghz dual-core, 4 gigs of RAM, running OSX El Capitan and Boot Camp Windows 10 64-bit.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Tips and Tricks