They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Process Multiple Files AND apply the de-Interlace filter?

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Process Multiple Files AND apply the de-Interlace filter?

Postby Briantho » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:46 am

Hi!

I've grabbed lots of video frames from a PE3 project and now I want to create some stills for a web site. What I'd like to do is to use the "Process Multiple Files..." to resize, apply the de-Interlace filter (I think this is what's required as there are some horizontal, spiky lines crossing some of the edges of various objects), and convert to JPGs. It's the filter part that I'm looking hardest for in 'batch' mode - is it possible?

Thanks in advance!
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:55 am

I'd recommend that you do the de-interlacing as you pull the frames from your video. (You'll find settings for it as well as a few other useful settings for things like pixel dimensions and JPEG compression in by clicking the Settings button as you export your Freeze Frames.)

Don't worry about having to do it over and over again every time you freeze a frame. In my experience, once you set your de-interlacing option for your first Freeze Frame, it "sticks" for any other photo you export from that project.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:55 am

The De-Interlace filter is not part of the mulitpe files process Brian.

You will have to do them individually.

It may be better to set all clips you are going to grab stills from in Premiere Elements to 'Always Deinterlace' first, then grab your stills, then remove the always deinterlace option.

Another option is under File/Export/Frame you have the option to deinterlace the frame capture each time.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Briantho » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:17 pm

Chuck Engels wrote:...
It may be better to set all clips you are going to grab stills from in Premiere Elements to 'Always Deinterlace' first, then grab your stills, then remove the always deinterlace option.

Another option is under File/Export/Frame you have the option to deinterlace the frame capture each time.

<hand smacks forehead> Thank you gentlemen, I should have realized that such a feature was already there! :roll: By the way, why should anybody NOT want to have that setting..?
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:11 pm

In most cases, if you are going to do a final burn to DVD for viewing on a television you would not want the footage deinterlaced.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:08 pm

Well, you WOULD want to deinterlace photos captured as frame grabs regardless, Chuck.

Frame grabs that aren't deinterlaced look awful!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:56 pm

I already said he should deinterlace the frame captures, just not the final output to DVD.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:12 pm

And right you are, Mr. C. :razz:
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Briantho » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:37 am

Chuck Engels wrote:I already said he should deinterlace the frame captures, just not the final output to DVD.

Err, right - I wouldn't dream of messing with the video, my question was about the frame grabs only. Thanks to all! :-D
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Photoshop Elements