They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Creating a Slide Show Duration >5 Sec in PSE7

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Creating a Slide Show Duration >5 Sec in PSE7

Postby George Tyndall » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:50 pm

Background: The duration between beats for the audio on the PRE7 Timeline for my current slideshow project is 6 seconds.

Problem: When selecting from the options in the Slide Show Preferences dialog that comes up after clicking Create>Slide Show in PSE7, the maximum available slide duration is 5 seconds when I need it to be 6 seconds. Yes, I could stretch all 50 slides on the PRE7 Timeline from 5 seconds to 6, but here is an easier method.

Solution:

1) Select 5 seconds for now in the dialog and make your other selections, then click OK.
2) On the slideshow editor page, go to Edit>Select All Slides, which will highlight all the slides on the editor Timeline
3) At the bottom-right of the editor page, click the triangle next to the word Properties to see the options
4) Within the Properties panel, click the small triangle to the right of the "5 Sec" dropdown
5) Scroll down to "6 Sec" and watch all your slide durations instantly change to 6 seconds
6) Save your slideshow before sending it to PRE7

:TU:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Photoshop Elements