They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Need advice on digital camera

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Need advice on digital camera

Postby Clayton » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:34 am

Not sure where to post this, but a couple of months ago my Nikon Coolpix 5700 bit the dust. I have been without one since, resorting to my wifes' Minolta 35 mm which she wont let go of. "Says she never sees my pictures". Anyway I have been saving for a Nikon D80. Since this may take awile, I have been considering buying a cheaper non SLR camera so I can get on with taking everyday photos. (I still want the D80 for trips to get those great shots). Does anyone reccomend something in the $200-$400 range with at least 6 m/pixels.
:?:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Briantho » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:18 am

Next time round I'm VERY tempted to get a Sony T10*. As I understand it the camera doesn't push out its lens when you power it up and for me that is a BIG plus point. Up until a few months ago I was using a compact Canon and, let's face it, you're meant to pop it into your pocket so it's there for every great opportunity. The trouble is that Canon, in particular, turn themselves on very easily, the lens strains in the confines of the pocket and in no time it needs repairing. It's an expensive repair and it usually makes sense to chuck it and buy a new one! I've experienced this and I know of quite a few others. So, be warned!

In case you've not seen it before a very comprehensive site is http://www.dpreview.com - take a look! :-)

* later edit: or maybe even the T100 - there are about four similar models I see now.
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby lisa stocker » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:18 pm

i have an olympus c7000 7.1mp been very happy with it

before that i had another olympus and like it so much when i upgraded i stuck with olympus

I like it because it hads alot of point and shoot capabilites but also you can sey many manual settings as well

my sister bought one can;t remember the letters but its 7.1mp olympus shock proof and water proof she travels alot and does snorkeling and she can take undrwater shots with it and she loves it

I know what you mean about saving for an srl I want one too anh here i thought i would never stop using my nikon fe2 35mm
lisa stocker

Return to Photoshop Elements