They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PE6 Reconnect files

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

PE6 Reconnect files

Postby dad of 1 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:11 pm

I transferred (copied) all my photo files and video to a external 750g hard drive. When I use the reconnect feature in PE6 it searches the c: (internal) drive endlessly and will not look on my new drive for the missing files. When I choose browse option and specify the new drive it then finds the file.... but how can I get it to search the new drive automatically? The thought of doing each one (15,000) is a little more than I have time for. Thanks again for the help
dad of 1
New User
New User

Re: PE6 Reconnect files

Postby Barb O » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:55 pm

Dad,

I think that you should be able to use the Browse to point the Reconnect process to a higher level folder on the external hard drive and then have it search for other folders under that same folder structure.

1- I suggest that as a trial, you pick just one folder of photo files and see if you can Reconnect all of the photos in that folder.

2- Also, I recollect someone posting over on the Adobe forums with some specific instructions as to how he used the Browse function to direct the search to folders in a specified place in order to do the Reconnects. I will look for that information and then post back here on what I find.

3- Please clarify if those photo files still exist on your internal drive or not?
(Since you said COPY it seems that they might - however since you mentioned "missing files" it would seem that they no longer do exist on the internal hard drive.)
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby dad of 1 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:03 pm

Barb
I realized with a little more fiddling that you can shift and highlight all of the missing files at once. It will then search for them all with your choice of search location. Located all of them in about 30 minutes. Thanks
dad of 1
New User
New User

Postby Barb O » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:09 am

Glad that you found that solution while I was out having a nice dinner. Thanks for the feedback.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Photoshop Elements