They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

file,edit,view,favorites,tools and help

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

file,edit,view,favorites,tools and help

Postby dad of 1 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:30 pm

When I loaded Photoshop 6 on my laptop the windows drop down menus are hidden. There is a set of hash marks that if i click the menus appear in a drop down style. But I can not figure out how to get them to appear normally across the top.
dad of 1
New User
New User

Re: file,edit,view,favorites,tools and help

Postby Barb O » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:12 am

I think that this is a symptom of having your Windows value for dpi on your monitor set higher than 96.

The systems requirements for PSE 6 include "1,024x768 monitor resolution at 96dpi or less" and they really do mean the 96dpi part .
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby dad of 1 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:52 pm

Your right changing the setting made the menus appear...the downside is I can't read them the size is so small on my laptop, but at least I know how to get them to appear and its not a program issue....Thanks again.... O:)
dad of 1
New User
New User

Postby Bob » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:33 am

Have you tried changing the font sizes in the system display properties? It's under the "appearance" tab. I set mine to "extra large fonts" for that very same reason. There is also an advanced button where you can individually set the font size for individual UI elements. Well behaved Windows applications are supposed to honor these settings. Some do, some don't, some only honor it partially. Enough do that it works out pretty well for me. Premiere Elements will adjust the font sizes of the UI.
Bob

Postby dad of 1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:01 am

Thanks for the help, although setting the individual elements did not take on photoshop but good to know about it for the other programs that will accept the changes.
dad of 1
New User
New User

Return to Photoshop Elements