They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Photo shop Elements 2

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Photo shop Elements 2

Postby mark hansen » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:59 pm

I have installed and have been using PrE3 without a Premier elements. I use Photo Shop 7 for stills. (I know, some may remember but I thought I would remind you of my non traditional set up.

My question is regarding PE2. If I install PE2, will it "hook in" to my PrE3 and I can link over to that like you high speed guys do with PrE4 and PE6. Will there be something I can do to link it to PrE3 if it won't do it automatically.

Does PE2 have an organizer like PE5 and PE6?

The more I read about PrE4 and the problems people have, I'm reluctant to load my PrE4/PE6 and seems like I should leave well enough alone with my PrE3. But since I have a PE2, I was wondering if it has an organizer. I need to do something to organize and archive my pictures.

Mark
mark hansen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Photo shop Elements 2

Postby Barb O » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Mark,

Photoshop Elements 2 does not have an Organizer.

Photoshop Elements 5 might be your best fit.
I am running Photoshop Elements 5 and Premiere Elements 3 under Windows XP Home. Are you running under some "flavor" of XP?

If you don't have a source for PSE 5, I might be able to find a used one for you which would be a valid transfer of the license by filing the transfer paperwork with Adobe. I teach a beginner Photoshop Elements class at a local community center and I know some people who have recently purchased PSE v6 and may not want to keep PSE 5 installed. Just a thought - so tell me if you are interested.

Barb O
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby mark hansen » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:52 am

Thanks for the offer Barb, even though I use Photo shop 7, which I think it a stronger photo editing program, I have always felt I missing something missing from not getting the combo pack. I didn't think of (well, didn't know of) the other features such as the organizer and I'm sure other stuff I don't know about.

If you can swing that, what else do you need from me?

Mark
mark hansen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Barb O » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:41 pm

I will ask on Tuesday and send you a Private Message with whatever information I learn.

Barb
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Photoshop Elements