They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Overexposure fix

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Re: Overexposure fix

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:40 am

Thanks, Bob, for the additional shortcuts.

And in my post, when I say "create a new layer," I don't mean that you need to add a empty layer first. Just select whatever the top layer is, then do ALT - merge visible. That creates the new layer with the stamp.

Another one is CTRL-ALT-Tilde. That selects pixels based on luminosity. Often you create a new layer via copy after doing that. Then you use the multipy blending mode and change opacity, followed by a hue/saturation blending layer to reduce any over saturations.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:20 am

Thought I should at least show some pics too. These were basically done as described earlier using shadow/highlights and levels and fixing the blown out skin tones. The second I duplicated the image and set the duplicate layer to multiply mode with opacity 30% or so and then tweaked a stamp visable layer with shadow/highlights. The snow was completely blown out, I added some gaussian monochromatic noise to the snow to give it a hint of subtle texture. I might have made it too subtle :)

01-DSC_0064.jpg
01-DSC_0065.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob

Postby pam » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:22 pm

WOW, thanks everyone for all the great tips, I'm so glad I found this forum, I don't get too much time to come on here though as I have a little one but I'm off to try some of your suggestions and will post my results ASAP!
Thanks again all
Pam
pam
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Photoshop Elements