They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Need help with adding frames to project

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Need help with adding frames to project

Postby ridon127 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:28 pm

First let me tell you what I have done. Please forgive me for I have sinned... :oops:
I went to another forum to ask a question because I am always asking here so I figured I would give it a shot at another place I used to hang out before I found the best known forum in the universe. I posted my question and got a reply the next day but it wasn't what I wanted so I figured since I screwed up and decided I made a bad choice, I would post here, get the correct answer and then I could get on with my project that should have been completed yesterday..
Now here's the question.. I have 3 pictures that I have applied the sloppy borders too and have saved them as psd files. I want to put them on a black background and add some borders on the background. I was able to get the pictures on to the background but when I try to add borders, it changes to a transparency and the border don't show up on the finished picture. If I need to clarify let me know..
Thanks
Donna
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Nedd help with adding frames to project

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:42 pm

Donna! We feel so betrayed!

Okay. We're over it.

So what is it you're trying to do? Just replace a picture frame? In Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements.

Can't you just put a new frame on a new layer in Photoshop Elements?

Or can't you just create a backgroundless PSD file of a photo frame and place it on Video 2, with your photo on Video 1?

is there more to it than that?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Nedd help with adding frames to project

Postby Bob » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:08 pm

A little clarification will help a lot. I'd love to help, but I'm having trouble visualizing what you are trying to do.

First, by sloppy borders, do you mean that you created irregular border on the three photos with the edges transparent and saved as PSD with the images as a layer but no background? Or, did you save as a PSD with a background so that the edges are solid?

When you added the 3 photos to the project, were they on separate video tracks so they could appear together. Or, were they on one track and appear sequentially?

Where is the frame supposed to go. Around each individual photo? Or, around a group of photos?

What type of frame did you want to use and how did you attempt to create it?
Bob

Re: Need help with adding frames to project

Postby ridon127 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:11 pm

This isn't a PrEl problem. I am doing some pictures for a friend. I saved 3 pictures as a psd file. I made a black bkgrd and put each picture on it. I wanted to add a frame around each picture but everytime I click on the check mark, the frames disappear. I think I figured out what I am doing wrong, just ccan't figure out how to fix it.. I think I may need to do another layer for the frame and change the color??? I think that is what I am trying to do. I have attached the photo so you can see what I am doing. I am not finished with it yet. I need to move the pictures around and play with it more.. I think there maybe a better way to do what I have done??
Thanks for the quick responses. I have been really busy trying to get outside decorations down before next year. I don't want to end up on Jeff Foxworthy's redneck neighborhood.. Lots to do to get ready to return to the job..
Thanks so much for your help... If I need to clarify more, just let me know
Donna
web-oval.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:28 pm

Is the frame on a layer above the black background?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ridon127 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:34 pm

I think it is going to have to be the top layer..
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:35 pm

I believe you are correct :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ridon127 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:39 pm

O.K. So now just create another layer and put the frame on it and that's it? :)
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:55 pm

I think that should work, give it a try. Maybe Steve or I can do a tutorial on something like this.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Clayton » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:43 am

ridon127 wrote: Please forgive me for I have sinned... :oops:

Donna I will [-o< for you. Just don't let it happen again! [-X
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:37 am

Opps! I was viewing from the "new posts" list and missed the section header -- I didn't realize this was in the Photoshop Elements section :oops: :oops:

Were you able to get the frame created?
Bob

Postby ridon127 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:52 pm

:oops: It won't happen agian Clayton, I promise..

Bob, I haven't tried it yet. I had alot to do yesterday to get ready to go back to work today. I will probably give it a shot tomorrow...I am always exhausted my first day back after a long break.. Then I did something really stupid yesterday so I am probably going to be out by 8 pm. tonight.. I learned to never drink that new 5 hour power drink at 2:30 p.m. and expect to get any sleep. I was still up at 2 am and my alarm goes off at 4:45 am.. It said it was a 5 hour energy drink.. My hubby drank it too and he was asleep by 10.. Not one of my smarter moments....
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Photoshop Elements