They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Thumbnail software

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Thumbnail software

Postby mark hansen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:53 pm

I am getting ready to dump about 20 gigs of pictures to CDs for back ups and get them off the hard drive. it would be great if I could a 4.75 X 4.75 piece of photo paper (roughly the size of a CD) with thumbnail pictures of most of the pictures on the CD this will allow us to see what is on the CD.

I don't suppose there is software out there that can to that easier than using photo shop and resizing pictures and lining them up? I guess it could be photo shop plug in too...

Anybody have any ideas? Has anybody done this before?

Mark
mark hansen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Thumbnail software

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:58 pm

You can print multiple pictures to a single sheet in Photoshop Elements, just like a demo sheet or whatever it is called.
This would be best in the Photoshop Elements forum so I am going to move it there.
Hopefully someone can clearly explain the steps to do what you are asking, I know it can be done but can't explain it in detail at the moment.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:15 pm

In Photoshop CS2, and probably other versions, it's called Contact Sheet II. File > Automate > Contact Sheet II.

The dialog that pops up is easy enough to understand.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Cinde » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:11 pm

Shutterbug has a tut : "This cover will literally show you what’s inside on the disc–by creating a mini Contact Sheet of thumbnail sized prints of all your photos on that CD or DVD. You can do it with Adobe Photoshop 5.5, 6, and 7 as well as Elements."

http://shutterbug.com/techniques/digital_darkroom/0403edp_archiving/

I use Roxio Label Creator (bundled with Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite 9) which has an option to auto create thumbnails. The suite came pre-installed on my computer and the Label Creator is the only thing from the suite that I currently use.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby mark hansen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:42 pm

That's GREAT!!!,,, thanks for this information. I use Photo shop 7 and didn't know I could do this. Its even better because I didn't have to spend any money. I like it because it adjustable

Thanks for the tip!!!
mark hansen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Peru » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:29 pm

You can even do it in word by doing an Alt-Print Screen of the thumnail view of a window of a folder of images (make sure it is square). Paste into Word. Right click, format picture, size, and then choose 4.75" by 4.75". I have a piece of plexiglass cut to the exact size of a cd case insert. I use it as a template and cut with an Xacto knife. (I really have to learn to use Photoshop Elements :oops: My wife is the Photoshop user.)
Peru

Postby Cinde » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:31 am

A few weeks ago in the post "PSD Thumbnails, not seeing" Ron pointed me to a free thumbnail viewer called Irfanview http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1711#p13315

I was working with it tonight and found that not only does it let me view the psd thumbnails, it will also print a contact sheet.

For printing purposes 4.75"= 356 pixels.

I am SOOOO happy!!! ;) Maybe this will help you also.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:06 pm

And has no one mentioned the Contact Sheet option in the Photoshop Elements Organizer?

Just select all the photos you want to include and go to File/Print. The option screen will give you the option to Select Type of Print from the dropdown menu.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Photoshop Elements