They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PSE6 Organizer/Editor Photo Resize

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

PSE6 Organizer/Editor Photo Resize

Postby JP's » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:59 am

Newb Warning!

Hello forum members!

I am new to the forum and to PSE6/PE4. I am having a little trouble with resizing and moving a file from PSE6 to PE4.

Created a new file in PSE6 organizer with photos from the organizer. Opened the editor (full), resized each photo at 1000x750 from the bin. Began closing out each photo. After a few photos I unchecked the box to save with original. Opened the organizer, opened the file for the resized photos and only the few saved with originals were there. Opened the editor, opened new file, checked all were resized (all are sized properly), did a file save as, renamed the file, cannot find the renamed file. Checked in the organizer, my documents, pictures etc..

When I check the file in the editor all the photos are resized properly. In the organizer only a few. I cannot find the renamed file.

I can send a file from the organizer to PE4 using the send to PE with no problem. I can open the organizer in PE4 and see the new file but not the renamed file.

Where did I go wrong?

Is there a way you can check the photo size in PE4?

I searched this forum and a couple of others.
I have PSE6 The Missing Manual and PE2 In A Snap.

Sorry for the long post. I tried to keep it short.
Dell Inspiron 531, Dual Core AMD Athlon 64, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, 4 GB Ram, 500 GB Hard Drive, XFX Radeon HD 5770, Dual monitors, PSE6/PE4, G-Raid 4TB
JP's

Re: PSE6 Organizer/Editor Photo Resize

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:45 am

Well, remember that you're actually dealing with two different Organizers -- Premiere Elements and Photo Elements each have their own. So, when you say you're saving files in Photo Elements but not seeing them in the Organizer, let's be clear WHICH Organizer you're looking at.

The Photoshop Elements Organizer should update automatically when you save a file in Photo Elements or if you manage the file using its Organizer. If it doesn't you can F5 it and see if that makes it refresh.

The Premiere Elements Organizer is a real challenge for me. For one thing, it's not nearly as powerful as the Photo Elements Organizer. And it SHOULD (you'd think) update automatically also when you do anything with the other Elements program or its Organizer. I'm not convinced it does, and I probably should experiment more to see.

Meantime, in the Photo Elements Organizer, go to Display and select the Folder View option. This will allow you to browse through your media files as in Windows Explorer. Browse to your newly created files and see if they show up in their folder.

There are also manual ways to add files to the Organizer, of course, but -- you'd think -- you shouldn't have to if you're using Elements to create them!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby JP's » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:01 pm

Steve,

Thanks for the tip. I found the file.
I thought PSE6 & PE4 shared the organizer. Oh well, I will keep that in mind as I continue.

Thank You Steve and Chuck for the tutorials and tips!!!

Great site!!!
Dell Inspiron 531, Dual Core AMD Athlon 64, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, 4 GB Ram, 500 GB Hard Drive, XFX Radeon HD 5770, Dual monitors, PSE6/PE4, G-Raid 4TB
JP's

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Natch.

Welcome aboard.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Photoshop Elements