They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Missing video clips out of slideshow export to Pe3

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Missing video clips out of slideshow export to Pe3

Postby bgsnmky » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:25 pm

I exported slideshows that I made in Photoshop elements 5.0 to Prel3.0.
when reviewing the the slideshow after I burned the DVD...the slideshow has blank (black) spots in it.

I double checked the slideshow in PShop5.0 and the blank/black spots are not there. All the pics and video clips are there and play fine.

1. Should video clips and pics be able to be created together and send to prel3.0

2. Should it make a difference if htey are broken out or not broken out in prel3.0.

Any suggestions?

Also, when breaking out the slideshows in prel3.0 --- it looks like it creates multiple lines in the video section. Example:
picture, title if one was added, black line - which maybe is the background color. Is this true? can someone explain these to me.

I like breaking them out so I can change some items, but BOY does it get confusing with all of the video tracks.
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Missing video clips out of slideshow export to Pe3

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:13 pm

1) I don't believe you can make a slideshow that includes video clips in Photoshop Elements, particularly if those video clips came from a still camera. Still cameras can use a variety of codecs that are not compatible with Premiere Elements, which could account for the blank spots.
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c054b56

2) As we regularly do on this forum, I urge yo uto ensure none of your photos are larger than 1000x750 pixels. Oversized photos don't always cause problems, but photos of optimized size virtually never do.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bgsnmky » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:40 pm

Hey Steve,

all the pics were changed to 1000 size PSD's. I did that early on based on all the suggestions of this forum.

The slide show was created in Photoshop Elements and imported. From the article I saw that you area saying the video won't be that good of quality. But the slideshow in PHotoshop Elements 5.0 plays and looks ok.

Are there any other reasons you can think of that a slide will be blank. I guess the only thing I can do is break it apart and add them one by one.

Can you help explain what gets broken apart and on different tracks. I was trying to delete the blank spaces, but then I think I ended up deleting part of the transition and the background color or something. This will be hard to explain without showing you...
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Barb O » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:51 pm

Tell us as much as you can about any pattern of what and where the blank/black spots are.
Are they always photos?
Is any video black? Conform the formats/source of any video that is black (give us the camera if not sure of the format).

How are you fixing the photos that are black?
I might be tempted to initiate a Photoshop Elements edit of that photo from Premiere Elements. Then if I got a good image (not black) in the Photoshop Elements editor I would save that same image under a different name. Premiere Elements should then use the result of that edit instead of what was there. (This process is designed to let you go back in to Photoshop elements and change a photo after you have started working on your "video".) Why use it here? If it gives you a good image, I think that it will avoid the need for you to work with (modify) any transitions across 2 tracks - one less complexity for now.

bgsnmky wrote:Should video clips and pics be able to be created together and send to prel3.0

I did it when first starting with PSE 5 and PRE 3: I added a MJPEG from a Canon digital still camera to a PSE 5 slide show and sent it to PRE 3. I don't do it as normal practice: I add video in Premiere Elements 3. FYI - adding video in PSE 5 slide show does not work for all types of video (example - does not work for .mov from a Panasonic camera I have).

As Steve mentioned, some people do have problems with MJPEG video in Premiere Elements: the problem is that all that video shows black but the audio plays. In general based on the forum comments I have read, at a particular point in time a PC either has this problem or it does not. So I don't expect that it would occur at the same time for some clips and not for others - but I can't be sure.

bgsnmky wrote:when breaking out the slideshows in prel3.0 --- it looks like it creates multiple lines in the video section. Example:
picture, title if one was added, black line - which maybe is the background color. Is this true? can someone explain these to me..

Yes, it will create multiple video tracks. Example - you add text on a slide during the PSE 5 slide show process. Then in Premiere Elements it will show the text on a higher numbered track above the slide to which it applies. If you added text to a blank slide in PSE 5, then track 1 is the background color for the blank slide (default color is black) and text is on track 2.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Barb O » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:04 pm

I just saw the other thread and it makes me think that I partially misinterpreted what the problem is

IF the problem is that all video clips from a Canon digital still camera in MJPEG format are black in Premiere Elements -

then I think that downloading and installing a MJPEG codec is likely to be the most straight forward solution.
See http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c054b56 at the Adobe forum.
Do not worry about the fact that it is under PrE4 FAQ section - these approaches are definitely used with PRE3.

Now if the clips are OK after you insert them individually, then there may be something else at play.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby bgsnmky » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:10 pm

Hey Barb,

Are you saying that if I can insert the video and it works then this may not be the problem right?

I did insert one and it plays --it is not black. Only the ones that I sent from Photoshop ele 5.0.

Also, NOT all of them didn't work. Most did not, but some - from the exact same camera did work.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Barb O » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:14 pm

bgsnmky wrote:Hey Barb,

Are you saying that if I can insert the video and it works then this may not be the problem right?

I did insert one and it plays --it is not black. Only the ones that I sent from Photoshop ele 5.0.

Yes, if the video that was inserted in Premiere Elements was from the same camera, I agree it is probably not that codec problem.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Photoshop Elements