They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

slideshow exports to PE where do they go

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

slideshow exports to PE where do they go

Postby bgsnmky » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:48 pm

When you export from Pse5 to prel3 - where does it go if you have an open project? does it go to the end. I just sent one and maybe it failed, but I can't find it.

Is there a way to designate where it goes by where the marker is on the timeline or something.

Does it also show up in the media section. If I have subfolders - will it go in the folder I have open.
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: slideshow exports to PE where do they go

Postby Barb O » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:04 pm

I believe that it will always go to the end.
Yes it would be nice to be able to choose the CTI (current point)on the timeline but I do not think that is possible.

I guess I have never really paid attention to the contents of the media section when I did a send slideshow. I focused on the contents of the Timeline.

You ask about a folder and going in to a folder - however I don't think that any files are actually moved or copied. I think it is a list of the photo files, etc. in their current location that is passed from Photoshop Elements slide show to Premiere Elements. I recollect that one time when I did go looking, I found a reference to the original photo file in the original Windows folder where I had placed it.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby bgsnmky » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:17 pm

I got it to go this time. But what is weird is it doesn't seem like it is on the timeline anywhere. I had to put it there.

But I did one earlier and it went to the time line. I hope I am not missing it.

I know when you add pictures and audio etc it is just a pointer.

Is that the same with adding the slideshow.
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Barb O » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:30 pm

My mention of seeing the reference to the photo file in the folder location where I had originally placed it was for one of the photos within a slideshow on which I had done the Send Slideshow from PSE 5 to PRE 3. So yes, I think it is pointers to the photo files.

I am mystified why you would need to place the slide show on the timeline itself: why it was not placed there automatically.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby bgsnmky » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:17 pm

FYI, I think it did place the slideshow on the timeline ---- WAY out to the end because there was a piece of the timeline that I deleted and for some reason was way out to the end.

THANKS.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Photoshop Elements