They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PS WON'T EXPORT TO PE

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

PS WON'T EXPORT TO PE

Postby agmilton » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:55 am

I am in the process of combining several sections of PS5 slideshows into a PE3 video (to be combined with video clips and burned to dvd to play on TVs/Computers)

Although I have "Exported to Premiere Elements" 3 prior sections within the last week, it now does NOTHING.
When I click "Export to Premiere Elements" and click the "OK" button, NOTHING HAPPENS.

The slideshow is composed of around 50 resized PSD slides, along with transitions and zoom&pans to make a little over 4 minutes of slideshow. (I did around 75 slides 4 days ago with no problems).

I have tried: Export from PS to PE
--Import to PE from PS
--Export from PS to PE With PE opened (in different projects)
--With PE closed
--From PS Organizer (Get "Report Error to MicroSoft" box)
--From PS Project (A couple of times have gotten "Report Error to Microsoft" Box, but mostly absolutely nothing)
--Rebooting, Cold booting
--Repaired PS
--Repaired PE

Programs & Pics are located on C:\ with >60GB free space
Videos and Scratch files on Internal D:| with 30GB free space
--Both Drives defragged within last week.
Have run Adaware, Spybot, CCleaner, EazyCleaner within last week.
NO SYSTEM CHANGES since Exported PS Slideshows 3 times to PE.

Although I had other issues (reference previous posts), this function was NOT involved in this(that I could tell) and other issues have been resolved (thanks to the help of forum members).

Any suggestions to make this function work again? Thank you in advance for your input.

Gary
Gateway P4 3.06ghz HT -- 2.48GB RAM(2x256 MB + 2x1GB DDR SDRAM DIMMS)-- WinXP SP2
PhotoShop Elements 5.02 -- Premiere Elements 3.02
agmilton

Re: PS WON'T EXPORT TO PE

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:24 am

Gary, Considering your other problems with Premiere Elements it is really hard to tell what might be going on at this point.
Have you contacted Adobe Tech Support about any of this yet?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:33 am

I hate to say it, but I'm stumped. It seems you're struggling with practically every function either program does!

And yet you're clearly meticulous about maintaining your computer, guarding from spyware and virus and keeping all your firmware up to date.

Something is apparently going wrong at a very fundamental, quite possibly operating system level.

I wish I could say what. But you're using XP (I believe) and you're wise enough not to install Norton Systemworks or AOL or bootleg media players or other pseudo-viral software.

Can you possibly think of anything that could be wrong here? For instance, I was working with someone at the Adobe forum who was having fundamental problems -- but he never bothered to tell anyone that some "expert" had ghosted his old C drive to a new C drive rather than reinstalling the operating system and programs. Once he actually installed his operating system and the programs, things worked fine.

Is there anything at all you can think of? We're clearly running out of options treating the symptoms here. We need to start looking for a cure for the disease itself. :-k
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby agmilton » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:00 pm

I haven't contacted tech support yet. I'll go that way next.

It is Win XP (sp2). No ghost disk or Norton Systemworks.
I don't even like to use

As far "bootleg media players"--well I do have a teenage son in the house, so...I'll look. As far as I know he does use I-tunes with Ipod. I also have Real Audio, Windows Media Player, Audacity.

AOL--Another son home from college. I'll look.

That said, in the past they have been pretty good about not installing junk on my computer.
Anything else I need to look for?

Thanks,
Gary
Gateway P4 3.06ghz HT -- 2.48GB RAM(2x256 MB + 2x1GB DDR SDRAM DIMMS)-- WinXP SP2
agmilton

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:44 pm

Real Player can cause some huge problems, if you don't mind I would suggest getting rid of it.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby agmilton » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:54 pm

I certainly didn't know that. It will be removed.
Thanks,
Gary
agmilton

Postby Bob » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:10 pm

On the other hand, I have the current version of Real Player and it causes no problems at all on my Windows XP SP2, I suspect removing Real Player isn't going to make a difference. Something changed recently. Since it is a recent occurance, have you thought about looking at the System Restore Points and restoring to one where the function was working? If you have a fairly recent restore point where you know it was working, I'd give that a try. If that works, you'll need to reinstall your new drivers or whatever you did to fix your other problem. But, If it breaks again afterwards, you'll know that those were involved.
Bob

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:17 pm

I agree, Bob. RealPlayer has its spyware, but it's not liable to bring down a computer.

I wouldn't expect a simple fix for this. Gary strikes me as too sharp a computer user to be so easily attacked.

There's a program called HiJack This that generates all sorts of information, and there are some people out there who can look through one of its reports and immediately see what's causing the problem.

But I wonder if a Windows wipe and reinstall might be easier. It's kind of a hassle -- especially since you have to re-install everythign -- but it does get you back to zero. Some people do it on a regular basis. I've only done it once, when a computer became totally unusable.

But, after I did it, the computer worked BETTER than when it was new!

Just don't leap to any decisions, Gary. Every option has its liabilities -- but it's hard to watch you struggle with these basic Elements functions.

What can we help you do?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby agmilton » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:14 pm

I can certainly remove RealPlayer and not loose any sleep over it.
BTW, Winamp is also installed. Have there been problems with it?

Next, I don't mind looking at system restore points---but I was wondering if PsEl (or PeEl) preference files may be involved in this problem. I have used files with a lot of similar names (to save at each step) along this rocky path.

PLAN:
I'm thinking I will remove Real Player, check for AOL or similar, Run cleaners, then try a DIFFERENT section of the slideshow to see if somehow that will work. Then maybe I'll do system restore points or preference files.

AND...Steve, thanks for the compliment. However, I can't (and don't really know if I want to anymore) keep up with the complexities of MS Windows. In fact, after the Christmas project crisis, I'm planning on converting one of my old computers to Linux to see how that works. Who knows...

Thanks for your input,
Gary
agmilton

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:25 pm

To clear the preferences and cache in Premiere Elements, start the program while holding down the Shift, Alt and Ctrl keys.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby agmilton » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:26 pm

Is there a way to clear these in PsEl? Does this same simple method work there?
Gary
agmilton

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:33 pm

According to Photoshop Elements author Barbara Brundage, yes :)

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:35 pm

That key combination is pretty standard for Windows programs. It should clear the preferences for Photo Elements also.

Remember, Ctrl+Alt+Shift on the left side of your keyboard as the program launches.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby agmilton » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:48 am

Well, it was late before I could get to it last night, but here's what happened...

1st: removed Real Player, an old AOL, and a couple of other non-issues, rebooted, Cntl-Alt-Shift on opening PsEl 7 PeEl...Same Result

2nd: made the next section of slides---IT WORKED (went in to PeEl as it should).
3rd: Attempted the "problem" section--Did NOT work
4th: Cut problem section in half, sent one part IT WORKED
Attempted other half--Did NOT work

Examined this last half--there were two black slides. I thought these were two "blank" slides that I put in for effect, but instead must have souce pics that had (accidentally) been renamed while re-cropping, removing red-eyes, etc.
FINALLY: I deleted these two blank slides & IT WORKED !.

Anyway, I have once again learned much about this system.
Now it's on to finish the project.

Thanks again for your help.
Gary
agmilton

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:29 am

"IT WORKED !"

The two sweetest words a Premiere Elements user can speak, Gary.

Happy moviemaking!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Next

Return to Photoshop Elements