They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Breaking out Slideshows in PE

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Breaking out Slideshows in PE

Postby bgsnmky » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:05 am

I was thinking about having two people work on two different slidshows in PS5 (two different computers) and then send them to PE3. As I am thikning about it, I don't think that will work as they need to go to the same project in PE3.

I know you can save the slidshow to a movie file, but then you can't break it up right? (I didn't want to test it if you guys already knew as my computer is already getting messages about disk space).

Are there other easy ways to have two people work on slideshows at the same time to import to one project in PE3.
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Breaking out Slideshows in PE

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:10 am

Well, the ideal solution would be if these people also had Premiere Elements. Then they could send their slideshows to Premiere Elements and they could archive the Premiere Elements project so that they could send you the slideshow as well as the native photo files, which you could still break apart and work on if you wanted.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bgsnmky » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:41 pm

actually they do have PE. So they would create a project in PE, create the slideshow in PS5 - send it to their PROJECT in Pe and then how do I incorporate their project into mine. We are on the same network.
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:49 pm

There is no way to do this, just the export to movie option and bring them all into a master project. You can then split them manually but that really is your only option.
The only way you will get them all into one project not as an AVI will be to create one large slideshow to send to premiere elements.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bgsnmky » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:56 pm

Sounds good. I will break up the work in other ways! :-D

She can have the title pages and helping me eliminate pictures - since I hate to get rid of any!
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Barb O » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:50 pm

Are you still interested in this question?

I have moved a slideshow from one PC to another but it involves having multiple catalogs, it is fairly tedious and somewhat complex.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Cinde » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:15 am

bgsnmky wrote:I know you can save the slidshow to a movie file, but then you can't break it up right?

First, what do you want to "break up"? The individual pictures in the wmv, or separate audio from video?

This probably isn't the answer you are looking for if you want a quick and easy way to break apart individual pictures. But it can be done manually.

Last summer while doing volunteer hospice duty at night I created a video on two different computers. The first (at the patient's home) had only PsEl5. (At home I have both PsEl 5 and PrEl 3.) I scanned, edited and created the slideshow with pans & zooms as well as transitions. Then exported as a wmv movie file to my 8 gb zip drive. Then carried it home to my computer and imported the wmv into PrEl 3.

The important thing was to use the same transition on each of the wmv files. This way all I had to do was add one transition between each wmv imported into PrEl.

As far as breaking apart the individual pics in PrEl, I actually did that on a different video. When I did the original wmv in PsEl I did not use transitions. When the wmv was imported to PrEl I manually broke them apart using the "split clip" command.

It wasn't hard to do, actually it was a good learning experience for me to learn to edit videos. However it was time consuming, but I was not on a deadline so I did it at my leisure.

For the majority of my business work I use the PrEl quick and easy way to create a video with selected photos and the same transition. But when I want to try new things with family videos, I love those pans and zooms. Thanks to Steve’s tip, doing the pan and zoom is much quicker, easier and has a lot more options to play around with in PsEl.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby bgsnmky » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:31 am

Thanks Cinde.

Nice to know you can save teh wmv on a drive and move it. Or really we could have saved it on my computer on the network.

The main reason I want to use the Psel5 slideshow is the reason you stated to. it is faster and easier (at least for a new person) to do the slideshow transitions, pan and zoom etc in the psel5.

And I didn't even think about just splitting up pieces of it. Example...I have about 30 pics in a row I created a slideshow in psel5. In the middle there is a video clip that I want to edit. So I think you are saying even if I export to pel3 I instead of separating the WHOLE slideshow up, I could just split the entire clip where I need to edit the video. Right? then the transition still stays and all.

That might be easier....
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby bgsnmky » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:34 pm

So you might see in another post that I had problems with the video clips not showing up in Prel3 once I imported the slideshows from PSel5.0.

So now I have unlinked the slideshow so that all teh parts are separate.

When I am going back to add the video clips - it is moving the sound portion.

Example I had music applied to the slideshow. I am inserting a video clip in between some pictures. It moves the sound all the way to the right.

Isn't there a way to insert the video without moving the audio?

I hope that makes sense.
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:15 pm

Hold down the CTRL key while you drop the clip. There are different key combinations when you, Select, drag and Drop clips on the Timeline. Sometimes you need the ALT key, it just depends on what results you are looking for. In your case the CTRL key while dropping should do the trick. There is a good tutorial on this in the Product section.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Photoshop Elements