They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Slideshow file names and order of pics

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Slideshow file names and order of pics

Postby bgsnmky » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:54 pm

I spent a lot of time reviewing pictures and putting them in order by naming them all so they would show up in order.

In PS5 slideshow, I used the get media from file folder. But they are not in order by filename now.

Does anyone know how to do that so I don't have to redo it.
Also HOW do I show the file name in the slideshow while viewing them.

(I had to ask this same question for the organizer, but I can't seem to find the same preferences etc in the slideshow).

I can't believe I STILL have questions!
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Slideshow file names and order of pics

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:11 am

"In PS5 slideshow, I used the get media from file folder. But they are not in order by filename now."

So are you working in Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements? They each have ways to order your files.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bgsnmky » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:48 pm

Well I can work in either.

I wanted to do the slideshows in PS5 since it seems quicker to a newbie. Easier to do the transitions etc. I haven't found a way yet.

What I did so far was import into the organizer from the file, have the file name show and reorder myself. Then create a slide show after they are reordered.

But even in PE - what I did on my first Dvd a while back with this forums help, was organize in the file folders first by name, then import into PE. But I had to do 9 at a time. 1-9, 10-19 etc.

It just doesn't seem like there is an easy way from the file name.
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:25 pm

These abbreviations can be confusing at times. I assume PS means Photoshop Elements and not Photoshop and PE means Premiere Elements and not Photoshop Elements. Back on the Adobe forum, we used to say PrEl and PsEl, just to make sure everyone knew what we were talking about.

It sounds like you've got your slides and slideshow in order in Photo Elements, so you should be able to port your slideshow to Premiere Elements and it should come in as a slideshow file, in the same order the slides appeared in Photo Elements. That really seems to be the simplest solution. And, as you know, you can right-click on the slideshow file and break it back into the original photos, without changing the order, transitions, etc., so you can do further work if you want to.

Adobe has really got a very nice workflow now between the two programs.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:53 pm

I always name mine 0001, 0002,..., 0100, 0101,..., 1000,1001
This will work fine if you don't have more than 9999 images :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Barb O » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:39 pm

bgsnmky wrote:I spent a lot of time reviewing pictures and putting them in order by naming them all so they would show up in order.

In PS5 slideshow, I used the get media from file folder. But they are not in order by filename now.

Does anyone know how to do that so I don't have to redo it.
Also HOW do I show the file name in the slideshow while viewing them.

(I had to ask this same question for the organizer, but I can't seem to find the same preferences etc in the slideshow).

I can't believe I STILL have questions!

Don't know if you if you found the answer to this question. The following approach has worked for people using PSE 4, 5, and 6.

For making the slide show in PSE when you have the desired photos in a single folder and sequenced by file name, you can set the Organizer to Folder Location view, then make a PSE Collection and add those photos to the Collection FROM the Folder Location view. This will bring them in to the PSE Collection in the file name sequence. Then use the PSE Collection as the basis for the contents of the slideshow rather than adding photos from a folder when you are in the Slideshow Editor.

If you want more details about that process, just ask.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby bgsnmky » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:14 pm

Thanks I will try it as this is killing me!
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Photoshop Elements