They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Changing Date and Time - basic organizer questions

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Changing Date and Time - basic organizer questions

Postby bgsnmky » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:44 am

I have just found how I can change the date and time for the photos in the organizer. I needed to do this as when 4 of us were on vacation the date and times were off by an hour on a few cameras and it makes the organizing them in order of picture taken impossible.

But here is my question...when I am changing this - what files exactly is it changing it in.
Here is why I am asking it.

I have pictures in one folder title Mexico and they were imported into the organizer.
A few months later, I copied those pictures into a folder under the adobe premier to use them to create a video.
If I import these into the organizer they say the pictures are already there, (I am guessing because of the same name??)

So when I am changing the date and time - is it the folder that is in \my pictures\Mexico
or
Elements\Mexico
or both?

I am asking this to understand how the pictures work in the organizer.
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Changing Date and Time - basic organizer questions

Postby Barb O » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:57 pm

-- I suggest that you post which version of Photoshop Elements and whether you have Windows XP or Vista. There are probably some differences in the specifics of your answer depending on version level.

-- Also I am curious whether the photo files that you have for Adobe Premiere use, are still their original photo resolution or whether they have been downsized (perhaps according to the recommendations that photo files be approximately 1000 x 750 resolution)?

Generally, the design is that when you use the PS Elements Date Change command, the Date Photo Taken would be updated in the Elements Organizer Catalog and in the photo file that you had imported to the Organizer (so this would be the Mexico folder). The Photoshop Elements Organizer does not know about your folder under Adobe Premiere.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Changing Date and Time - basic organizer questions

Postby bgsnmky » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:35 am

sorry it took me so long. For some reason I didn't see the reply to this one.

I am on PE3 and Photoshop 5.0

My pc is XP.

At this time when I typed this in the pics were not downsized.

So it sounds like you are saying it would change the file that the pictures were in the organizer. Which I am guessing was the original file.

copied a subset of the pics to a new folder to use for PE.

I am now changing the pics to 1000 as suggested.
Prel 3.0; Photshop ele 5.0; HP Pavilion XP Media Edition; 2GB Ram; 250 GB hard Drive;
bgsnmky
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Photoshop Elements