They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

print 4 2x3 wallets on one piece of 4x6 photo paper

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Re: print 4 2x3 wallets on one piece of 4x6 photo paper

Postby cspitser » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:21 pm

OK, thanks. I'll look tomorrow,
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby cspitser » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:23 pm

OK, I will check tomorrow
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby cspitser » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:39 pm

I think I have figured out enough to do what I wanted. I learned a little from each of the Steve Grisetti tutorials and to Bob and Sidd from the forum, and the youtube that Chuck Engles recommended. I will list below the steps I took. I would ask all concerned to reply to this post and tell me anything that is wrong.

1. I decided that I want a 1.8” white border around each wallet. That makes it easier to cut apart.
2. So that means that each image will be 1.75 by 2.75 inches. If I cropped the pictures to a 2x3 or 4x6 proportion, it would cause a very slight distortion of the aspect ratio. So I cropped each picture to the proportion of 1.75 x 2.75. then I made sure that each of the 4 pictures had a resolution of 300. I then put these 4 pictures into the organizer
3. Then, I went to the editor and created a new blank file, 4x6 inches, resolution 300, white.
4. Then with this file selected and on the middle panel, II created the following guide lines. Verticle 0, 0.125, 1.875, 2.125, 3.875, and 4 inches, and horizontal 0, .125, 2.875, 3.125, 5.875, and 6.0
5. Then I set the snap to the guides.
6. Then I went to the organizer and selected the 4 pictures. Then I right clicked on one of them and chose edit in the ps editor. Then I went back to the editor. Now the blank white canvass is in the middle of the screen and the four pictures are in the bottom panel
7. Then I chose the move tool. Then I dragged the first picture with the left click button onto one of the 1.75 x 2.75 inch panels in the canvass Then I moved each handle so as to snap all sides to the guide lines. When all sides are where they belong, I right click on that panel and a window pops up that has a green check mark and a red button. I click on the green check mark and that completes that picture. This action created a new layer that has the blank panel and the one picture in one panel.
8. Then I repeated step 7 for the other three pictures. Then the middle screen shows the four pictures on the white canvass with 1/8 inch white borders around each wallet. The layer panewl now has the canvass and one layer for each of the four pictures.
9. Then I save the psd file. This psd file can now serve as a template for any future wallets that I need to print. I would just swap out the pictures with the new ones.
I know that I have omitted some steps that each of you has recommended, but the project seems to be working correctly.
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:39 am

I would ask all concerned to reply to this post and tell me anything that is wrong. ... I know that I have omitted some steps that each of you has recommended, but the project seems to be working correctly.

We still don't know why you were having the original problem, but we are glad that you were able to figure out a way to do this that works for you. What you outlined should be fine. Nothing is wrong or missing.
Bob

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:43 pm

:TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Photoshop Elements