They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Covert PSE12 catalog to PSE15 catalog

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Covert PSE12 catalog to PSE15 catalog

Postby kenskopp » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello all,

On 12/10/2016 I purchased PSE15 & PRE15. I converted all 5 catalogs to PSE15. Two days ago something happen with my computer. When I opened PSE15, My catalog "Family" only had a few photos in it. Under "Photos" all my photo albums were gone. My video albums were listed but no photos or videos present. The following message appeared "No media available. Please clear applied filter and try again". I tried a restore but catalog restored was the same corrupted catalog. I have attached copy of data that in C:\Program data\. what are "catalog pse12dbfile" and "catalog pse15dbfile. How can I restore all my albums in the "family" catalog without manually recreating the whole catalog from scratch?

I guess I am a confused what PSE does with data. I have my pictures and video clips on my internal "E" drive. The "Program Data" files are on my "C" drive. And I have backed up the catalogs to a backup folder on my "C" drive. I do a complete backup of my two internal drives to two corresponding external drives. How should I have my work flow arranged between my two internal drive? Thank you for any help with my questions.
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covert PSE12 catalog to PSE15 catalog

Postby kenskopp » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:22 am

Just wanted everyone to know "I am bad". I erased a large number of folders outside of the Organizer. Therefore my "Family" catalog was disrupted.

Ken Skopp
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Covert PSE12 catalog to PSE15 catalog

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Ken, is this a continuation of your question about the Organizer and your two internal drives?

If so, it's going to be hard to focus the conversation when it's spread across two separate threads.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Photoshop Elements