They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Back up & Restore catalogs

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Back up & Restore catalogs

Postby kenskopp » Sat May 09, 2015 1:50 pm

I have just had to do a restore of my "C" drive. I currently have two internal drives "C" & "E". I have two external Drives "G" & "H". On my "E" drive I have all my Libraries: My Pictures, My Documents, My Music, and My videos. In Addition, I have "Adobe\catalogs\ with my five separate catalogs of my pictures and my videos. This replaces my C:\program data\adobe\photoshop elements\catalogs. I have my "C" drive backed up by windows to "G" external drive. My "E" drive is backed up by Seagate to the "H" drive.

My backups for my five catalogs are on my "H" extrernal drive. I was able to restore all my catalogs. But I had to reconnect all the albums with the appropriate catalogs in "E":\adobe\catalogs. This seems to have worked.

If my "C" drive has to be restored, when I restore my catalogs in PSE 12 Organizer will the "E" drive be the "Original Drive" in the restore option? I am very confused about the restore process in PSE organizer regarding "original" drive verses Use "new location" to restore.

Any comments or suggestions. At this time when I wish to change catalogs, I have to select Custom option and "E": adobe\pse12 catalogs\.

Thanks Ken Skopp
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Photoshop Elements