They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

read only files

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

read only files

Postby kenskopp » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi Steve, Have a new glitch in PSE12. My previous question revolved around setting up my new computer. I have finished that. I have started going through albums on PSE12. I wanted to delete some duplicate files and rename album files. When I tried to delete a duplicate file from the catalog and also from the hard drive, I got this : " One or more files are read only or locked and could not be deleted from disk". When I tried to rename all files in album this message appeared: " One or more files is on read only volume, these will not be renamed". What does this mean and can I correct it?
This photos were copied from my daughter's computer to a read/write disc and loaded into my computer. They are photos I lost when my backup program stopped on October 7.
Thanks Ken Skopp
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: read only files

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:10 am

Have you tried going to the files (or the folders they're in) in Windows Explorer, right-clicking, selecting Properties and unchecking the Ready Only option?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby kenskopp » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi Steve, Thank you for being there. I learned something new today. I still think someone could make billions, if they invented a computer that you just plug-in and it intuitively new how to repair everything itself.

Ken Skopp
Intel Core i7-4770 (3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache), Windows 10, One 1TB internal SSD drive (C) and 1 3TB internal drive (E), 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT720, 16GB DDR3-1600MHz, 16GB mSATA SSD Cache, Two External Hard Drives: 3TB (K) and 1TB (H).
kenskopp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:36 pm

That would be way too easy, Ken. Like a car that drives itself.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Photoshop Elements