They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

photoshop elements

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

photoshop elements

Postby brroklein » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:52 am

Photoshop vs photoshop elements? ok...so recently i bought a bamboo wacom pad, and it came with adobe photoshop elements 9. i looked up some techniques on how to actually draw on photoshop and everyone says to use a layer mask called multiply, i tried it and it didnt work the same, i noticed that they all had just photoshop and not photoshop elements, do they do different things?
engine wheel
brroklein
New User
New User

Re: photoshop elements

Postby Bob » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:45 am

"Multiply" is a blending mode, not a layer mask. Blending modes determine how two layers will blend into each other. Photoshop and Photoshop Elements both have blending modes and "multiply" works the same in both. Perhaps your brush properties are not set up the same as in the tutorial. If you provide a link to the techniques you are trying to use, we can look at them and tell you whether or not they should work with Photoshop Elements.

Photoshop Elements is a consumer level application and Photoshop is a professional level application. As a professional level program, Photoshop does have more capabilities than Photoshop Elements. But, they share many basic operations and your Wacom Bamboo will work with both applications.
Bob

Re photoshop elements

Postby elitefilming » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:49 am

Hi guys,

Photoshop ;

The experienced photo editor or digital artist will prefer Ps to PsE. Photoshop has many more features and tools, and has better support for advanced formats, such as RAW images, CMYK color mode, and 16-bit images. Photoshop also has been designed with layer-style editing in mind. Photoshop is a more precise tool in expert hands.
Photoshop also has advantages for specific interests within the consumer and prosumer markets. For instance, those interested in High Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging may be wooed by Photoshop's image-merging abilities and may find it easier to obtain Photoshop CS3 or 4 than to purchase Photoshop Elements and an HDR-creation suite such as Photomatix Pro.
If the price of Photoshop seems steep, there are ways to save money on the suite. Students can get up to 80% off Adobe Software. There are often other ways to receive discounts. Be on the lookout for coupons or rebates on Photoshop software, or consider older versions of Photoshop.

Photoshop Elements :

Photoshop Elements is not strictly a scaled-down Photoshop. Though it lacks many of the more advanced features and tools of the Photoshop Creative Suite, it includes some tools that may have greater appeal to the amateur.
Photoshop Elements has a greater number of tools that require less user interaction. Elements includes an automatic red-eye reduction tool, an automatic skin tone filter, and an automatic lighting adjustment tool. These are "press of the button, wave of the mouse" tools that make image adjustment easy for the uninitiated.
Photoshop Elements, not only as a function of its price, attracts a wider audience than Photoshop and is the number one selling consumer photo editing suite in the world, according to NPD Group.

Similarities:

Both Photoshop and Photoshop Elements have a powerful yet sleek feel. Both editors support all common photo formats: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF, and even PDF. Both share a similar windowing design, with a toolbar containing the most powerful tools at the top, several undo/redo/layer windows to the right, and an easy-to-access control panel to the left.
Both suites are well integrated with Photoshop and Photoshop Mobile. The former offers 2 GB of online storage for image backup and sharing. The latter, presently in beta release, offers integration with mobile platforms such as smartphones. :-D :-D
elitefilming
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:00 am

And, as a graphic designer, I just have to add that Photoshop Elements is pretty much limited to the RGB, monochrome and bitmap color spaces. Photoshop CC can also work with CMYK and duotone, two key color spaces when you're working with offset printing. ;)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:35 am

Welcom Brroklein & elitefilming to Muvipix!

Thanks elitefilming for the eloquent overview of the two programs. Which program is better with the HDR merging PS or Photomatix Pro?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Photoshop Elements