They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Copying a slide show from a dvd

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Copying a slide show from a dvd

Postby desmo11225 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:58 am

Hello everyone
I have been away since April !!!! Enjoying a 21st birthday party a week or so ago uni students were very interested in my stories about my holiday travelling,I said I'd send them some DVDs, I have the holiday slide shows on DVDs now I need to make some more but they are not on my computer any more having changed my computer from XP to Windows 8.1.
Can I take copies off the DVDs I've allready got with my Adobe PhotoShop Elements 4 , if so how?????
Once again I'm looking to you All for Your help, All the Best, Take Care desmo11225
desmo11225

Re: Copying a slide show from a dvd

Postby Peru » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:28 pm

I'm not sure about doing it from Pr El, but you probably have software to copy DVDs on your new computer. If not, there are several free ones.
Peru

Re: Copying a slide show from a dvd

Postby Bob » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:48 pm

Yes, you can copy a dvd. The easiest way is to use a program which will read the dvd and create an iso file on your computer hard drive. An iso, also known as an image file, is an exact copy of the dvd stored in a single file. Once you have the iso file, you can easily use it to create any number of dvd copies.

There are quite a few programs that can create iso files -- some commercial, some free. One of the better free ones is ImgBurn. Be careful though, the installer for the current version will want to install other programs which you will likely not want. Read this forum topic to find out how to avoid installing the unwanted programs. You can get ImgBurn from the author's site, select one of the listed Mirrors to download the installer.

Once you have ImgBurn, use the "create image file from disc" button to create the iso and the "write image file to disc" button to make the copy dvd from the iso.
Bob

Return to Photoshop Elements