They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Cleaning files stored in Organiser

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Cleaning files stored in Organiser

Postby robbie410 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:11 pm

My Organiser has built up a large number of photos and videos, as well as music. I have looked at the Organiser Tutorial and would look at others but cannot readily find any which guide on how to organise basic things in Organiser.
My problem is how to sort and delete duplicates - I seem to have certain photos in two or three times?
When I delete photos/ or music, from Organiser are they still intact in my original photo / music folders?
Is there a quick way to highlight those photos I want to delete from Organiser or do I have to delete each one individually?
I have a lot of folders in Organsier that just have numbers within the album name. Are these dates or what. Maybe the dates are in North American format and if so can this be changed to European format date:month:year
Robbie
:conf:
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cleaning files stored in Organiser

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:32 pm

As I show you in my books, Robbie, the Organizer is a catalog. It doesn't include the actual files -- just data about them. And deleting files from the Organizer catalog doesn't delete them from your hard drive unless you specifically tell the program to do it.

To clean up your Organizer catalog, I'd first go to the File menu and select Reconnect/All Missing Files. This will show you which of your files have an outdated or irrelevant link to the catalog so that you can remove them.

Then you can go to the Find menu and select By Visual Searches/Duplicate Photos. This will bring up sets up identical photos, which can you choose to Stack so that they're stored as a single stack file rather than individual photo dupes.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Cleaning files stored in Organiser

Postby robbie410 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:51 pm

Thank you, book here I come again
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Photoshop Elements