They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Converting to Elements 11

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Converting to Elements 11

Postby Clayton » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:09 pm

I have been using PE 8 and really like the way the organizer is set up. I recently loaded PE 11 and first thing was to convert the catalog (30K items). Before I converted, the catalog is backed up and the keywords and properties was written to all photos. When I converted the first thing I noticed is the very different setup for tags. Wiil take getting used to, but at first glance I don't like it. The problem was that names and dates, and a few events converted, but as far as I can see no places and most of the events didn't transfere over. Any suggestions. To many photos to have to retag.
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Converting to Elements 11

Postby George Tyndall » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:15 pm

Clayton wrote:I have been using PE 8 and really like the way the organizer is set up.

Like you, I am a huge fan of the PSE Organizer (PSE7 in my case)

However, I am also a huge fan of PSE11's additional editing capabilities, especially those automated features in the Guided Edit mode.

If you have a similar reason for liking PSE11, you don't need to convert your PSE8 Organizer to a PSE11 Organizer. Instead, you can open the desired images with the PSE11 editor, save them in your desired format (e.g., jpeg) but then continue to manage them--keep track of them--with your PSE8 Organizer.

Can you use the backup that you created to restore your PSE8 Organizer?
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Converting to Elements 11

Postby Clayton » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Strangley, when I reopened a few days later, the places and events all seem to be there. Its different, but I think I can work with it.
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Photoshop Elements