They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

When to edit photos, before or after reducing resolution

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Re: When to edit photos, before or after reducing resolution

Postby robbie410 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:14 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:So I guess the best alternative is the iLife Suite.

Well, I am going to leave communication for a while. I think I may have Ilife Suite, not sure what was in it. Also Proshow Gold does have a web app, which has a download for IOS. Will have a look at that. And there is the option to resurrect my Laptop with Windows on, although not sure which version anymore. There I have the option to load Elements, Window version, which seems to have things on, like Slideshow from Organiser, which are said to be good in the Muvipix book. Then there is the option to load Windows onto Imac using Bootcamp. Was never too keen about that because I did not know how to do it.
Then I want t know if DVD players play AVCHD's, as when testing AVCHD, onto computer quality was far superior. I will play around with different settings.
To recap, I have managed to get photos onto PRE 12 and start a slideshow. Flickering was a problem but can adjust that out with Motion correction. Result was that photos with no Pan and Zoom were acceptable, Photos with Pan and Zoom, now corrected for flickering, lose a great deal/ lot of sharpness. Adding Menus, transitions, audio and burning no problem.
I will be back but will use a new string.
Robbie
PS by the way I never did get an answer which type of file type, DVD or project, I could upload for you to view. ::wav::
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: When to edit photos, before or after reducing resolution

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:28 am

AVCHD discs are high-definition -- essentially BluRay -- video that happen to be burned to a DVD. They can't be played on a DVD player. Although it doesn't surprise me that the quality is much higher since, being high-def, they have over 4 times the resolution of a DVD. But you need a BluRay player to play them.

As for Boot Camp, I highly recommend it. I love using it on my Mac. It's OSX when I want to be in the Mac work, and it's Windows 8.1 when I want to be in the Windows world. And, unlike programs like Parallels, when you're in Windows, your computer is 100% a Windows machine, so it makes full use of your computer's hardware rather than working within a Mac OSX shell.

It's also very easy to install. Takes less than half an hour to install the Boot Camp partition -- and then you need to install Windows into the Boot Camp partition. But even that's become kind of a no-brainer.

So if you want the advantages of both the Mac and the Windows operating systems, it's a good way to go.

Though the disadvantage is that you have to buy a copy of Windows 7 or 8, which can cost a couple hundred dollars (though you may be able to find used, but still valid, copies on eBay and Amazon).
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Photoshop Elements