They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How Do I Remove An Album from Photoshop.com?

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

How Do I Remove An Album from Photoshop.com?

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:42 am

The 10 Organizer put it there by default, and after signing in I can't discern how to remove it.

:tx:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: How Do I Remove An Album from Photoshop.com?

Postby Bob » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:51 am

Bob

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:23 am

Which Album is there by default, George?

Albums based on Premiere Elements projects ARE there by default, and as far as I know there is no way to remove them.

Manually-created Organizer Albums, however, should be easily removed.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Barb O » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:12 pm

George Tyndall wrote:The 10 Organizer put it there by default, and after signing in I can't discern how to remove it.

In addition to Bob's references to question responses from Adobe about the Albums at photoshop.Com, you might consider how the Elements Organizer preferences are set on your PC.

I am guessing that perhaps you never wanted that Album to sync to photoshop.com in the first place. Yes or No ?

I don't immediately have a PSE 10 or PE 10 to reference, but I suspect that in v10 the Elements Organizer is setting a default to sync to photoshop.com. Back in v7 (which was the first version to offer the sync to ps . com), I recollect the default was NOT to sync and specific albums were then optionally designated for sync.

In a later version, I am suspecting that the default was changed to automatically sync and that is why I suggest investigating the Elements Organizer for Preferences controlling Backup/Sync.

FYI - Looking at page 189 of Steve's PE 10 book there is some discussion of this Elements Organizer Preference screen.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Bob wrote:I don't use Photoshop.com, but I found this: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/how_do_you_delete_albums_off_of_your_photoshop_account

I've never intentionally used it either, Bob. The only reason it got there is because it's the Adobe default when creating an Album.

Sneaky!

But it's gone now, thanks to your link.

But, be aware of this: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/problem_deleting_online_albums_from_my_gallery

Yes, I was aware of that, but it doesn't matter as I won't be using the 10 Organizer to create albums and slide shows. If I do keep the bundle, it will be only for making use of some of the features of the PSE10 Editor, i.e., I'll be using it only to occasionally edit a still

:tx:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Barb O wrote:I am guessing that perhaps you never wanted that Album to sync to photoshop.com in the first place. Yes or No ?

Yes, Barb O, as I mention in my reply to Bob.

I was not expecting that because, as you said, with 7 one had to affirmatively choose to sync online.

Very sneaky of Adobe, IMO.
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Photoshop Elements