They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Two Important Reasons for Starting with PSE

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

Two Important Reasons for Starting with PSE

Postby George Tyndall » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:27 pm

1) Automatically time your slides so that the show begins, and ends, precisely when its audio track does. You can vary the timing of the various slides later in PRE, by performing the following action: Break Apart the Slide Show (separates the slides from one another and from the audio track that you applied in PSE).

2) Automatically apply,instantly, pan and zoom to all the slides in the show. Later, when editing in PRE, you can remove the P&Z and keyframe as desired--highly preferable to keyframing each and every slide in PRE (unless you are using the Copy and Paste Attribute functions, which are also very quick).

All fine tuning of the show--applying effects, transitions, plus your usual introductory and ending materials, etc-- should be done in PRE, after "sending" the show to PRE from PSE.

:-
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Two Important Reasons for Starting with PSE

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:24 am

Good points, George. Although technically you're starting your slideshow in the Elements Organizer, a program that's been its own independent program (separate from Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements) since version 9.

Photoshop Elements, like Premiere Elements, merely interfaces with it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby George Tyndall » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:48 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:... the Elements Organizer, a program that's been its own independent program (separate from Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements) since version 9.

Good point, Steve, but I'm using 7, for which the Organizer, if I'm not mistaken, is part of PSE.

If that is not correct, are the PSE7 Editor and Organizer considered two separate programs?

:?:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:58 am

No, I think you're right. In version 7 and prior, both Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements had their own separate Organizers -- and Photoshop Elements' Organizer was vastly superior.

Making the Organizer a separate program allowed both programs access to the same powerful features.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Steve, I think version 1 was it's own program too.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby George Tyndall » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:No, I think you're right. In version 7 and prior, both Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements had their own separate Organizers -- and Photoshop Elements' Organizer was vastly superior.

And that's one of the main reasons that I stayed with 7.

Precisely because the Organizer in PRE7 is all but useless, I can regularly delete everything in it but the PSE7 Organizer, which is my "workhorse," is not affected. The PSE7 Organizer does, however, allow me to "send" its media to PRE7 for use in whatever is my current project. It's this "intimate but not too intimate" arrangement that works well for someone, like me, whose creations consist mostly of slide shows that have been originated in PSE.

The problem that I had with the 9 bundle is that PRE seemed far more resource-intensive than 7. While 7 never crashes on the machine in my signature, 9 would do so regularly. And even when no actual crash would occur, playback of the Timeline would be far less smooth than with 7.
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Creating Slideshows