They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVD play back?

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

DVD play back?

Postby bomber » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:15 am

I am burning a slide show in Adobe Photo Shop 5.0. It burns it to a WMV file it plays back on my lap top but it will not play back on a DVD player. What do I have to do so it will play back on a DVD player? My DVD player tells me it is a unsupported format.
bomber
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:49 am

Are you talking about Photoshop Elements or Photoshop 5, bomber?

Assuming it's the former, the Burn to Disc option will burn, as you've seen, a WMV file to your disk --which, for the most part, is only readable on a computer.

The Photoshop Elements Help file warns that Send to TV (the option I believe you've chosen) only works if you've got a Media Center PC. I don't have one so I can't say for sure but for me, as for you, choosing this option gets you a WMV file, which won't play on most DVD players.

Best choice is to send it to Premiere Elements or Burn to Disk (DVD). From there, you can output a DVD that will play on most standalone players and TVs. (Make sure your original photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels for best results. I explain more in my Steve's Tips article on creating slideshows in our Products area.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Creating Slideshows