They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

25 fps 1280*720 slideshow output

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

25 fps 1280*720 slideshow output

Postby Barb O » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:11 am

I am requesting help for a Slideshow Output question that has started over on the Photoshop Elements forum on the Adobe site.
Because 25 fps is desired, I would guess that this is a PAL environment so I thought that some UK participants might comment while I sleep. Please comment about encoding parameters even if you don't know Photoshop Elements.

Points where I know I need help are :
1 -- does my initial response contain any bad (incorrect) information
2-- identify a good source of information about coding a .prx file OR maybe just the specific change at the correct place so that it is 25 fps instead of 30 fps (the photoshop elements slide show editor allows custom .prx files for wmv output)
3-- if the original submitter does have Premiere Elements, what is the best way to output the 1280*720 at 25 fps?

Original question --
I am trying to produce a slideshow with 1280*720 resolution. The default frame rate setting for Widescreen Highdef is 30fps. Does anyone know how to change the slideshow output frame rates.

My initial response --
Since you say the output is 1280*720 resolution, I suspect that you are doing output to a wmv file - correct?

Are you using only Photoshop Elements or do you have both Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements ? Which versions ?

Now if you are doing WMV Output from Photoshop Elements, I suspect that you are using the Output choice of Send to TV, Widescreen High Definiton which is 1280 x 720, 30 fps, Bitrate VBRQ90. This is based on a Windows Media Encoder Profile (.prx file) - so I think that a possible approach is to research the .prx file on Microsoft sites and to create a modified .prx file.

If you are also using Premiere Elements, then it may be possible to change the parameters at the time that you output from Premiere Elements - but that is a separate discussion for which I will add comments if you respond that you have Premiere Elements.

Additionally, I am curious how you will do the playback of this 1280*720 25 fps. for example, is this a computer connected to your PAL TV?
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: 25 fps 1280*720 slideshow output

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:36 am

Original question --
I am trying to produce a slideshow with 1280*720 resolution. The default frame rate setting for Widescreen Highdef is 30fps. Does anyone know how to change the slideshow output frame rates.

My first question would be to ask what happened when the questioner tried to play the resulting slide show at 30fps?
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Paul LS » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:24 am

If it is a slideshow from stills with no video then it should be simple just to export at the default 1280*720 PAL setting. No worries about 30fps to 25fps video conversion.

If the slideshow is to be viewed via a computer then 30fps should be fine.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Barb O » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Thanks for the responses. There is no additional information yet from the original poster over on the Adobe forum: I will continue to subscribe to that original thread.

Barb
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Barb O » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:37 pm

twosheds and Paul,

Today there are 2 additional responses over on the Adobe forum thread. I have pasted them in to this thread as is because I don't want to miss any significant detail. I have no experience with Apple-TV and iTunes or the Movi converter. And since I am in the USA, I don't have a PAL TV or any experience working with 25 fps.

I noticed from the responses that there are only photos (no video) being used as input for this slideshow, so that eliminates one complexity.

What frame rate would you use if you were inputing a wmv file to Apple TV - iTunes ?

If your answer is 25 fps, then I suspect that coding a .prx Windows Media Encoder file for use by the Photoshop Elements slide show editor is the best approach to try - because the submitter has the objective of using only Photoshop Elements.

Thanks for your help.

Barb

Regarding your first question on the output file format, you are correct I am sending it to a wmv file. I do have both Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements, but would like to only use Photoshop Elements to produce wide-screen shows as this is very simple to use. I am using the Output choice of Send to TV as it gives me the Widescreen High Definiton at 1280 x 720, 30 fps.

As you suggested, Premiere Elements maybe the best option, but I am trying to see if I can use only one package to edit, organise and produce slide shows with Widescreen High Definition at 25fps.

Regarding your curiousity on how I will playback the 1280*720 25 fps file, it is on an Apple-TV. To get it to the Apple TV I need to open the file in iTunes and use the Apply TV conversion facility. However, iTunes seems unable to open files with this frame rate, it does not seem to be compatible. I have a Movi converter and able to produce a file with the resolution and frame rate, but that adds another step to the process and I would like cut out using a converter.

Thanks for the helpful response and advice on Windows Media Encoder Profile (.prx file) I research it the on Microsoft site.

On your follow up questions
- There all Photos, no videos are included
- Sorry I did not say which version in the previous response. It is version 8.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:12 am

Here is a good guide to Apple Tv and itunes explaining the compatible formats, frane rates and bit rates. Looks like if you are in the US 30fps is the way to go for standard definition but only 24fps for 1280x720.
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articl ... solutions/

So if you intend to view 1280x720 then the maximum frame rate is 24fps. See an excerpt from the Apple TV spec here (full spec link is given below):
Video Formats supported:
H.264 and protected H.264 (from iTunes Store): Up to 5 Mbps, Progressive Main Profile (CAVLC) with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps (maximum resolution: 1280 by 720 pixels at 24 fps, 960 by 540 pixels at 30 fps) in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
iTunes Store purchased video: 320 by 240 pixels, 640 by 480 pixels, 720 by 480 pixels (anamorphic), or high-definition 720p
MPEG-4: Up to 3 Mbps, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps (maximum resolution: 720 by 432 pixels at 30 fps) in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Apple Tv spec here:
http://www.apple.com/appletv/specs.html
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Barb O » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:55 pm

Paul,

Yes reading what you posted it seems that 24 fps would be the answer for 1280x720. I don't know specifically why the original poster over on the Adobe forum requested 25 fps. I think that he has gone off to experiment with coding a .prx windows media encoding parameter file, so I don't know if there will be any additional questions. I did request feedback from the original submitter because I suspect that this question could arise again on the Photoshop elements forums.

Thanks for your help.

Barb
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Creating Slideshows