They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Recommend slideshow/video creation software?

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

Recommend slideshow/video creation software?

Postby rudympohl » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:09 am

Hi There:

I've just discovered a online service that blows me away! It's called Animoto and it's founf here http://animoto.com/. You can upload your own photos or choose from their gallery, upload you own licensed music or choose from theirs, click a button and their software automatically generates an amazingly professional slideshow (which is actually a viseo) with great transitions, etc.

Can anyone recommend a stand-alone product that does that sort of thing? Animoto doesn't allow you transition selection, timing etc., plus I would like buy a software package that I can own and make sure is not going to disappear next month like an online service might.

I'm looking for something that produces high-quality, professional-looking output that I can work into the videos that I am making.

Thanks,
Rudy
rudympohl
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Recommend slideshow/video creation software?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:07 am

ProShow Gold has long been a favorite of the regulars on this forum.
http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby George Tyndall » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:58 am

rudympohl wrote:I'm looking for something that produces high-quality, professional-looking output that I can work into the videos that I am making.

Thanks,
Rudy

Rudy, is there a reason that you don't want to use PSE and PRE, both of which are considered among the very best programs out there in terms of both capability and value?

BTW, thanks for the link, where I learned about Creative Commons music licensing and some of the sites where this free music may be acquired. I went to the first site listed, Jamendo, scrolled down to Creative Commons on the Music tab, picked an artist who does electronic music, opened his album and found I liked, a lot, the very first song in the album.

In fact, I am so excited about this I am going to create a new thread.

:TU:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby rudympohl » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:18 am

Hi George:

Although I've been getting my feet wet big time in PE7, I'm a complete newbie to slideshows. I am working on a new job for the owner of a large banquet hall/catering facility and I need to create a series of videos sort of branding him in a Martha Stewart tyep way. I need to create a 20-30 second standard intro that will start each of the videos which will be about cooking, the facilities, etc.,

His website is pretty cutting edge so I need a mini-slide show that has a very cutting edge look professional look, like the kind that Animoto creates. But I want to be able to do that without needing to spend (and bill the client) hours and hours worth of labour.

Nevertheless, I'm TOTALLY open to suggestions to whatever other folks find is working for them.

So I'm assuming your talking about Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements, correct? And are you saying they can produce the effects that you see in the Animoto sample I posted?

Thanks,
Rudy
rudympohl
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:01 am

rudympohl wrote: And are you saying they can produce the effects that you see in the Animoto sample I posted?

Thanks,
Rudy

You can do a VERY nice slide show using just Photoshop Elements (PSE), complete with music and transitions--but PRE's (Premiere Elements) capabilities go far beyond what PSE can do.

With PRE, there are dozens upons dozens of Transitions and Effects that one can apply to one's slides PLUS it is super-easy to make the slides "dance" to the rhythm of the accompanying music.

For some examples, download the trial version of PRE, open the program and click Instant Movie on the window that opens. Put a few of your slides on the Timeline and then select from the various Instant Movie themes. In a matter of seconds to minutes, the program will design for you a movie that is complete with titles, effects, transitions and music (either yours or the program's).

To learn exactly ow the movie was created, right click it on the Timeline and select Break Apart Instant Movie.

:TU:
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:23 am

rudympohl wrote:
It's called Animoto

One thing that scares me is that you have to sign up to learn anything about the product.
I don't like people that make me register before I even get to see anything at all ](*,)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby rudympohl » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Thanks Guys!

I didn't know any of this in PE7. Will now begin a major journey into experimentation!

Thanks again,
Rudy
rudympohl
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:17 pm

Here are some Premiere Elements slideshow tutorials to get you started Rudy :)
slideshow tutorials

Some of them are for earlier versions but much of what they contain still applies.
Of course you can put together a slideshow just like you do a movie, that's how I do them.
Add the images to the timeline, keyframe scale and position, add titles, music, narration, and graphics.
We probably do 50 slideshows a year, all done with a manual process in Premiere Elements.

If you have Photoshop Elements you can even create them there pretty easily.
Lots of automation and presets to use. Then you can send the slideshow to Premiere Elements to modification, Export, and burning to a DVD.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Creating Slideshows