They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PSElements vs PRE vs Windows Photostory

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

PSElements vs PRE vs Windows Photostory

Postby Spot » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:38 am

I've made a number of slideshows for inclusion in DVDs recently with Photostory (excellent free download from MS). These all included pan & zoom and were outputted to wmv.
I have now installed both PS elements and PRE and so thought I'd give them a go also.
Immediately I noticed that with PSE at the end of a pan & zoom the movement stops for an instant before the transition starts. Anyone noticed this?
With Photostory the movement continues into the transition creating a much smoother effect.
Dropping stills on the timeline in PRE solves this with keyframes however is much slower than working outside the video editor first.
Cheers
Spot
Woof
Spot

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:42 am

In Premiere Elements, if you add the motion paths BEFORE you add the transitions, the movement will freeze as the transition begins. (This is because the last keyframe of the movement was set to the initial end point -- but the transition extends the end point another second.)

To avoid this, you can either set up your keyframed motion path after you add your transitions or you can simply click on each slide and, in the Properties panel, manually slide the beginning and ending keyframe points out to the new beginning and end of the clip.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Creating Slideshows