They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

creating a slide show

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

creating a slide show

Postby Roxxy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi

I have Photoshop elements 7 and have just downloaded the Premiere as I wanted to create a slideshow. What I wanted to do is add multiple photos in one screen slide but it doesn't look like Elements 7 will allow me to do that. I believe in another program its called layering photos. ie slideshow is 50th Anniversary and I wanted to have a picture of the couple and then bring in photo's of their children on the same slide.

Is there a program out there that is easy to use that I can create this effect with if I can't do it in Elements 7.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Roxxy
Roxxy
New User
New User

Re: creating a slide show

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi Roxxy,
You can use Photoshop Elements to do what you want, the Slideshow Creator ;)
Have you tried that yet? Premiere Elements can also do that plus a whole lot more.
There are very knowledgeable people here that can help you with either program.

Welcome to Muvipix :meet:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Roxxy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:55 pm

Hi

I have been playing with Elements 7 and Premiere 7 all day and can't figure out how to get mulitple photo's on one slide. I can do it in Powerpoint but not in these two. Are there any tutorials or how to's that you know of. Just getting frustrated with it now.

Can someone help me do this?

Roxy
Roxxy
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:02 pm

There are lots of tutorials in our products pages, free ones in the complimentary section of those pages.

It might not be really easy to start with, but once you learn you will be very happy that you did ;)

You can start by switching to Timeline Mode rather than Sceneline mode, that is the best way to do a Picture in Picture as you are trying to accomplish. Then you will need to add a Picture in Picture (PiP) preset to each from the Effects Presets.

If you are willing to go through the steps to learn we can get you creating great slideshows pretty quick :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Barb O » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:06 pm

Roxxy,

My conclusion is that with only the Photoshop Elements 7 slide show - as long as it were to be a static display of the multiple photos, you could create the multiple photo image composite in the Photoshop Elements 7 editor and then use that image in the slide show. Then you could pan or zoom within that composite image.

However, if you want the photos of the children to move in to the other photo, you do need to use software other than Photoshop Elements.

1 -- the video editor Adobe Premiere Elements 7 could do that task.
2 -- ProShow Gold is a slide show program that many people like: I have not used it myself so hopefully someone with expereince using it will post to this thread and tell you whether it can do what you want.

EDIT - looks like this post crossed with Chuck's immediatley previous post - so I did not see his post about using the Timeline and Picture in Picture of Premiere Elements. I agree with that comment. Roxxy, sorry if this confused you.
Last edited by Barb O on Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to clarify agreement with Chuck's prior post that I did not see before my original post
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Barb O » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:26 pm

Roxxy,

I was at photoshop.com today (I logged in to that web site from Premiere Elements) and I noticed that it has a tutorial on Picture in Picture. Perhaps that will help.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Creating Slideshows