They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Slideshows Photoshop Elements 6 and Premiere Elements 4

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

Slideshows Photoshop Elements 6 and Premiere Elements 4

Postby sue_dvds » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Hi, I have created a project in PE4 which is about 60 mins long. I want to add some stills in 7 places which add another 8 mins or so.
I created 7 slideshows in Photoshop Elements 6 and chose to output to PE4 which looks like it converts the files to the right PAL DV sizes of 720 x 576. However when I try to render the finished project the slideshows remain red and when I try and output to an AVI file PE4 says its out of memory. I've looked at the slideshow files and they have obviously not been resized. The first one is still 26M. This is obviously what is using the memory. However I am completely lost as to how I resize the files in PhotoShop Elements 6. I have a feeling I will have to do each individually, but can't even see how to do that. Please if anyone can provide hints and tips, particularly with an idiots guide to make it as simple as possible I would be incredibly grateful. Am trying to finish a project for a Christmas present and having thought I was there on Friday night 2 days later I don't seem any further forward but am very frustrated. In the past I have batch resized photos using Microsoft Digital Image 2006 but that won't work with IE7 and Vista. This was the whole reason I bought Photoshop Elements 6 so that I would be able to do what I believed was a simple task with PE4
The PC spec is Dell Dimension 9200, Intel Quad Core 2.4 4Gb RAM & Vista
Thanks,
Sue
sue_dvds
New User
New User

Re: Slideshows Photoshop Elements 6 and Premiere Elements 4

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:30 pm

I've got a great Steve's Tips article on our products page that will walk you through the whole process, Sue. It even tells you how and why to resize your photos for slideshows.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=7

You can resize your photos in one batch using Photoshop Elements by going to the File drop-down menu and selecting Process Multiple Files.

Here you can set the size (we recommend 1000 px wide, which should produce pictures 750 pixels tall) and you can select even an entire folder to resize in one move.

Resizing your slides to no more than 1000x750 pixels resolves virtually all out of memory issues.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sue_dvds » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:30 am

Steve,

Thanks for this - sorry its taken a while to respond. Managed to find a fix this time using some free photo software to reduce the size of the files but knew there must be an Photoshop way of doing it. Will investigate and the next project is already underway and would like to do it the 'right' way. Am enjoying the Muvipix guide so again, thanks and have a great Christmas.

Sue
sue_dvds
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:33 am

You too, Sue. Glad you found a solution!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Creating Slideshows