They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Advice for exporting slideshow to be shown on arena screens

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

Advice for exporting slideshow to be shown on arena screens

Postby Sherry » Sat May 03, 2008 11:21 pm

Hi, it's been a while since I've posted anything, but I go through phases of needing a lot of questions answered...like now.
I have been given a HUGE opportunity with my business where I will be making a slideshow to be shown at a local high school graduation in an arena on arena size screens. I really need some advice regarding specifications of my slideshow that may be different for this versus the regular TV screen. I export to an MPEG at lowest quality (I can't tell the difference between low and high and my reds don't flicker on my pictures when I do this). I don't do anything outside the normal default specifcations of PE 3.0. I want this to be my best project ever in terms of creativity but also make it the best project ever by milking every aspect of the software so that it looks broadcast quality great. I know a lot of it has to do with the quality of the pictures, but I'm talking about things I can control within the software. ANY advice would be much appreciated! I will read and print them all. Thank you!
Sherry

Re: Advice for exporting slideshow to be shown on arena screens

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun May 04, 2008 1:41 am

AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Sherry » Sun May 04, 2008 7:27 am

Before I muddle through all of the technical advice that I feel is just way over my head (I WILL work it out though, I may be asking a lot more questions, and thanks for the links) I need to know if exporting my slideshows to Windows Media HD file is fine to do if I'm needing to put the file on a DVD. My presentation will have to be given to arena techs on a DVD and not shown via my computer. I thought that exporting this way was only for playback on a computer. I hope I'm wrong.
Sherry

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun May 04, 2008 10:05 am

Unless you have a BluRay DVD player and a hi-def projector, there may be no need to create something other than standard DVD.

Most huge "Jumbotrons" are, believe it or not, actually just projecting plain, old standard video. You just don't notice because you're usually dozens of feet away. So, if you want to do this as a DVD on a DVD player, you might as well just create standard video project out of it.

On the other hand, if you're playing just slideshow from, say, a laptop computer, you could use a program like ProShow Gold. This will give you a high-quality, high-resolution playback of a photo-only playback.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun May 04, 2008 11:00 am

Sherry,
As usual Steve is dead on the money. The specifications for DVD image size and playback are well documented. Most of the projectors are expecting standardized input. The only reason they do not prefer the PC connection to the projector is that a cheap DVD player has smoother playback than a PC with screen savers, Windows background processes kicking in unexpectedly, etc. These all put the PC presentation at risk of disruption during the show. The DVD player does only one thing, play back DVDs. Much lower risk. So as Steve said, make a standard DVD and move on.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Sherry » Sun May 04, 2008 12:06 pm

As always, thanks again for your help. I just have a couple of more questions: Would you consider "make a standard DVD" for this project to be a slideshow exported to an MPEG? And if so, are there any specs in the actual slideshow project and/or the MPEG output specs that you would suggest to do to make it the best quality possible. Sometimes I think that I'm missing the boat on some things that should be doing to better my quality of video just by following the preset slideshow and MPEG output specs. I hope this all makes sense. Thanks!
Sherry

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun May 04, 2008 5:17 pm

Just output a DVD from Premiere Elements. As long as it's under 70 minutes or so, you'll get full video quality. No need to tweak anything.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Creating Slideshows