They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Video Yearbook

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

Video Yearbook

Postby ridon127 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:57 pm

I think I am going to do the video yearbook for the school this year. I have some ideas on how I would like to do it. Has anyone done one before and can you give me some pointers?
Thanks
Donna
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Video Yearbook

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:13 am

Well, as everyone here probably knows, I do a family yearbook every year, recapping highlights from our past 12 months' adventures.

For me, half the fun is coming up with a format or theme for it.

For instance, since it's a school yearbook, maybe you want to make it look like an actual book opening up and, each "chapter", you can turn the page, revealing a collage of photos, then zoom in on one photo that then comes to life, fills the screen and becomes a video segment! In this way, you can divide your "book" into academics, sports, class trips, charity work, etc.

But, depending on how long your video is and how extensive it is, you may just want to lay out a simple grid, with five or six video clips arranged in your screen (a la the "Brady Bunch" effect), and then, one by one, each would zoom in, fill your screen and play that segment.

You can also begin or end with a slideshow of photos.

But do use lots of music. Interviews with the people in the video, describing their favorite memories. That sort of thing.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:55 pm

I always try to watch a couple of documentaries on TV and see how their project comes together. I make a note of the things that I liked and why I liked them then I try to decide what my target audience is kids, adults, seniors etc and try to gear towards them.

I really agree with Steve to make sure to mix it up by using lots of music, interviews with the people in the video, describing their favorite memories. Best wishes

SIdd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby ridon127 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:50 pm

I like your ideas guys, but the interview would be rather interesting. These little people are only 6 mos to 6 yrs of age. But it might be really cute to inteview the kids that have good language skills to have their take on pre-school.

Steve, I always enjoy watching your family albums you post.

I had thought about doing each of the big events we do as one chapter and then do the 6 individual classes with a special section for the graduates. I just wanted some expert opinions and knew this is the right place to get the best possible help known to man.

Thanks again,
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Rockdoc » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:43 pm

How about interviewing some of the parents? What's the biggest change in their children over the year, etc. There's probably some crawlers, walkers, new words or phrases they learned, etc...
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby ridon127 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:32 pm

The parents are not a good thing.. If you interview one and not the other, some would be upset. I would like to add some narration, but I have such a horrible accent--I prefer southern drawl, but, most people know I am not from Texas..the minute I say hi ya'll.. :oops: If you ask a parent, then it is the same thing...I have a while to come if with some ideas if I do it.. I will probably post as I go along and ask for help and ways to improve it.. I want it to be really good... Thanks for your suggestions
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:32 am

Some interviews with the kids would be good. For the ones that are not quite verbal, what about some video shot from their perspective. This would give a feel of what the kids see every day through their eyes.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:34 am

And you definitely want to get an interview with the teacher!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ridon127 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:09 pm

Thanks Mom and Steve.. I will keep those in mind. I know ya'll would come to the rescue!!!!
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Creating Slideshows