They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

warning dialog box pscs3 re: pixel aspect ratio

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

warning dialog box pscs3 re: pixel aspect ratio

Postby Prairiemaiden » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Hello: I am working on a slideshow for PRE4. I am bringing the pictures in through cs3 using the film and video preset in photoshop cs3. Under pixel aspect ration it has a drop down box. When I put in D1/DV NTSC Widescreen (1.2) A dialog box comes up saying "Pixel aspect ratio correction is for preview purposes only". Turn it off for maximum image quality. Then you can click OK. There are quite a few aspect ratios in the pull down dialog box, including square pixels. Which one is the correct aspect ratio to use or do I just ignore this message?
Prairiemaiden
New User
New User

Re: warning dialog box pscs3 re: pixel aspect ratio

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:19 pm

If you're going to use the photos in Premiere CS3 or Elements, just leave it at square pixels. The video editing program will automatically interpret the photo so that a 640x480 (square) pixel photo fills perfectly a 720x480 (non-square) pixel video frame.

You'll drive yourself crazy trying to conform all your photos manually -- and it's entirely unnecessary.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Creating Slideshows