They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Resizing using PaintShop Pro

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

Resizing using PaintShop Pro

Postby enlightenme » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:51 am

Should anyone be using PaintShop Pro to prepare and down-size their photos make sure you dont make the mistake I made. I couldnt figure out why my photos looked as though they had patches white speckles when displayed on my LCD TV screen, this combined with a very 'stark' overall look. The reason was I was using 'Bi-cubic' sampling instead of 'Bi-linear'. Bi-cubic should be used when enlarging an image... Bi-linear for reducing and what a difference it makes. A little sharpening brings the photos up to a good standard to be displayed on tv.
Having said this I am still tempted to purchase the likes of ProShow Gold which I understand does away with the neccessity to resize. John.
enlightenme
New User
New User

Re: Resizing using PaintShop Pro

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:15 am

Thanks for the great tip John. I have Paintshop Pro 7, started with 5 but have since moved to Photoshop Elements.
I still use Paintshop Pro 7 for screen captures, it does a great job and I can quickly add arrows and stuff to the image.
I used it for all of my screen work for the In A Snap and All In One books.

I do know that version 4 seems to handle large size images much better than previous versions, who knows maybe they will get it right eventually.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Creating Slideshows