They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

High Resolution Slideshow in Premiere Elements

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

Re: High Resolution Slideshow in Premiere Elements

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:07 am

Thanks for the detail RJ. I'll be trying that out in the next day or two and I'll let you know how I got on.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:04 pm

More update. I found that starting with and modifying the WMV Cable Modem DSL preset gives better results than starting with and modifying the HD preset I previously mentioned. Don't know why. Also, at 6000 kbps bitrate the file size is smaller.

Another note, the audio has to match the video in the type of bitrate -- either CBR or VBR -- and number of passes. If they don't match, then the audio settings are used. Well, just watch that one.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Barb O » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:40 am

Rob,

In version 3, I was trying the 1024x768 scenario from the question on the Adobe forum. I have a few questions and observations -

I noticed that the v3 preset for WMV 720 30p had a 50 value for image quality whereas you suggested 20. Now I have no idea what this specific value means but for that percentage of difference, I was wondering what that value does?

I did not have a choice of Windows Media Audio 9.2: I had to choose 9.1 - not sure why. Is this because of PE v3 versus v4 or is it likely that your PC has a later level of the Windows Media Encoder than I do? I chose 128 kbps, 48khz, stereo (A/V) CBR becuase I did not find a match on 96 kbps and all other parameters.

The existing test slide show I grabbed to do this experiment only had 4 photos (jpeg file resolution of 1600x1200 by coincidence not because of your slide show) and 2 text only slides with no pan or zoom - so it was real quick on a P4 3.0 HT with 1.5 GB. More interesting might be the fact that Scale to Frame Size was unchecked and I left it that way. My feeling is that in version 3 SPECIFICALLY we had decided that unchecking Scale to Frame Size was better: that is the way that PSE 5 sent the slideshow across to PRE3. I guess I should experiment with checked and unchecked for this type of output to observe if I notice a quality difference.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby hpharley90 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:49 am

RJ were those jpeg you got from your Kodak camera that you brought into PE 3 or did you change them to a different file extension in Photoshop?

I only have PE 2.0 and P Pro CS3 so I am going to try it in CS3.

I first have to find some pictures with out any shaking first so as to get a good representation. ](*,) ](*,)

Edit
After looking at my export settings it appears P Pro does not have those export settings that Robert used.
Thanks
Richard

Dell XPS 8940-10th Gen i7-10700 processor (8-core,16M Cache. 2.9GHz)
48GB 3200MHz RAM Windows 10
hpharley90
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Barb O » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:25 pm

Rob,

I realized that yesterday I had missed your last post where you said you had started from the WMV cable modem DSL preset and had better results. So I will try again tomorrow.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:35 am

Richard Pouliot wrote:RJ were those jpeg you got from your Kodak camera that you brought into PE 3 or did you change them to a different file extension in Photoshop?

I only have PE 2.0 and P Pro CS3 so I am going to try it in CS3.

I first have to find some pictures with out any shaking first so as to get a good representation. ](*,) ](*,)

Edit
After looking at my export settings it appears P Pro does not have those export settings that Robert used.

The jpegs came straight from the Kodak camera into PE3.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to Creating Slideshows