They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

creating a slide show problems...

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

creating a slide show problems...

Postby enlightenme » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi.... Im hoping to get advice on which program to buy to create a slideshow, and maybe add music (not essential)
Ive tried to do without(of course) but it just doesnt work. I have many images (2048X1536)saved on to my PC.... I use Paint Shop Pro to tidy up things and make the best of them. Easy, I thought, to display on my Panasonic 32" 1,366 X 768 px LCD TV. I burnt a series of images on to a CD put it in my DVD and sat back to enjoy the show. All the images are slightly blurred, almost like a double image. Blurred just enough to make looking for any period out of the question.
I tried different resolutions... no joy. As you can tell Im out of my depth as for as knowing the essentials. Is Magix the answer? thanks John (UK)
enlightenme
New User
New User

Re: creating a slide show problems...

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:23 pm

There probably isn't a better program for creating slideshows than ProShow Gold, there is a forum dedicated to it here
viewforum.php?f=42

On another note, your images are too large for your TV when viewing on a CD or a video DVD for that matter.
If you lower the resolution to around 640 x 480, no higher than 1000 x 750, they should look a lot better.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:59 pm

But do remember that you're watching them on a TV, not a computer monitor. And even a 32" TV is only using the equivalent of 640x480 pixels -- so your photos are never going to look as clear on a TV as they do on your computer, and you're never going to get the same detail. (At least not without going to hi-def video/BluRay DVD, which I assume you don't have the facilities for yet.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby enlightenme » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:11 am

I apreciate your replies. As you point out the image on a LCD TV is not going to look as detailed and good as they do on my monitor, I realise this but am sure they should look better than they do at the moment. Its the convenience of being ably to run the show on a TV where people may view them at their ease.
I will certainly take a look at ProShow Gold, thanks for recommending. John.
enlightenme
New User
New User

Return to Creating Slideshows