They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Easy Transitions?

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

Easy Transitions?

Postby Gregg Kimball » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:07 pm

Is there a way in PE4 to add transitions between all the slides in a show at once? I have been dropping my pictures on the Timeline and then going back in the Screenline and placing the transition between each slide. There has to be an easier way.
TIA,
Gregg
XP Pro, Pentium D 3200 Mhz, Memory 4,096.00 MB, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
Canon HV20, PE4
Gregg Kimball

Re: Easy Transitions?

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:21 pm

Try this in a different project so you get the feel for it. Select the slides in the media bin, right-click on one of the slides, then select Create Slideshow from the pop-up menu. Fill in the questionaire and click OK. That will put all the stills on the timeline with the default transition between them (actually an end-at-cut).

Your other option is to use a theme that happens to be designed with the same transition you want to apply. If it doesn't have the transition you want, then you have to learn how to edit the theme files. See this post:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1204
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby tjodork » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:33 am

Photoshop Elements has a nice create slideshow and you can have it randomly put different transitions between each picture which is nice because doing the same one over and over gets boring. Then that can be sent to PE4 for PS6.
Interestingly if you send a slideshow over from PS6, I found that you can still add a theme ( it will wipe out all previous transitions) but I thought when it got to PE4 it would be video vs pictures but it must not be video yet.
tjodork
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Gregg Kimball » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:57 am

Thanks for the good suggestions, the problem with selecting the slides in the media bin is that they are not all in the order I want them to appear in the show so I would have a lot of rearranging to do once they were placed. I will explore creating a custom theme and applying it once I have the slides in place.
I don’t have Photoshop Elements I use PS CS2 and my Bridge is currently not working because of a problem with compatibility and PE4, after I installed PE4 it wiped out the registration for Bridge and I’ve been working with Adobe to resolve the problem.
Canon HV20, PE4
Gregg Kimball

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:09 pm

Gregg Kimball wrote:I don’t have Photoshop Elements I use PS CS2 and my Bridge is currently not working because of a problem with compatibility and PE4, after I installed PE4 it wiped out the registration for Bridge and I’ve been working with Adobe to resolve the problem.

Gregg,
If you get the registration problem solved, please post. I have the same issue.

Thanks,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Gregg Kimball » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:15 pm

You and a very large group of unhappy users! If I ever hear back from adobe I'll let everyone know if there is a solution. If you want to follow my current track in the Adobe forums here is the likn: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bca26e7/8
Canon HV20, PE4
Gregg Kimball

Postby Gregg Kimball » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:21 pm

Robert in the link to the message track above where you describe editing a theme I went to my slideshow themes and looked in the Pan & Zoom folder but the only .mvth files both have pal in the file name will they still work in a NTSC formatted show? I'm new at this so bear with me.
Thanks, Gregg
Canon HV20, PE4
Gregg Kimball

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:59 pm

Those files with the PAL designation work for either NTSC or PAL. It's also the same way with DVD templates with PAL in the file name.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Creating Slideshows