They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

EXIF Info In Filename

Talk about slideshow creation, whether it's with Premiere and/or Photoshop Elements or a third party helper application.

EXIF Info In Filename

Postby Bobby » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi all! Been away for a couple of weeks, lots of posts to read. Anyhow, I have a problem and need your advice.

We are taking photos with two cameras intermixed. My thumbnail program on my PC (Thumbs Plus) can sort by origin date/time with no problem and so it mixes the two inputs properly.

BUT when I want to set up a slideshow on my iPad, the program I use can only sort by filename. (BTW, I have been over and over on this issue and haven't found yet an app that I liked or worked that could handle sorting by EXIF data; I am now using something called PhotoFolder).

So I need to get the EXIF Original Date/Time field data somehow into the filename. Once I get that, I can use a bulk renaming program to rename them in sequence without the ugly date/time. But I can't find a program that will rename with EXIF data in the filename.

Anybody have one or can suggest another workflow?
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: EXIF Info In Filename

Postby Bobby » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:01 pm

I love answering my own questions!

I found one, simple but effective. Not much choice in the rename pattern, but I have other rename programs that can take over from there. If anybody wants it, you can find it at:

http://www.digicamsoft.com/softnamexif.html
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Creating Slideshows